DRYFT Waders

old timer

Reaction score
They shipped on the 4th and never gave me a tracking number. I didn't think they were shipped. So, i'll be getting the zipper chest waders after all. I'll see how easy they are to get in and out of with the zipper. I never had waders with a zipper before. My lousy back struggles with chest waders without a zipper. My big feet are always hard to pull out of the booties.

If they go on and off easy i'll keep them and do a review. I hate sending stuff back. Plus, once I try them on they'll be full of dog hair. I don't know how my dog can shed so much and not be bald? When I shed i'm bald. Life isn't fair.

frickerdog

Reaction score
I had been looking for a pair of wading pants for when the weather warms a bit and as a back up to my full waders, so I pulled the trigger on the Dryft wading pants. They arrived yesterday and seem like they are good quality, but I probably won't test them out for a while. The zipper feature is not what I thought it would be -- it really just loosens them for enrobing and disrobing as opposed to being a fly for tree visits. That's probably better anyhow from a water-proofing perspective. I'm 6'1" and 180 and got the Medium Long and they fit great. Pockets seem like they would fit a small fly box. Interior pocket is not waterproof, so I'm not quite sure what I'd put in that. They come with a standard neoprene/velcro belt. Once I've tested them out a few times, I'll come back here for an update.

okaloosa

Reaction score
They shipped on the 4th and never gave me a tracking number. I didn't think they were shipped. So, i'll be getting the zipper chest waders after all. I'll see how easy they are to get in and out of with the zipper. I never had waders with a zipper before. My lousy back struggles with chest waders without a zipper. My big feet are always hard to pull out of the booties.

If they go on and off easy i'll keep them and do a review. I hate sending stuff back. Plus, once I try them on they'll be full of dog hair. I don't know how my dog can shed so much and not be bald? When I shed i'm bald. Life isn't fair.
I also have the older version and will love your zippered Dryft waders...they will fit like a glove and while young simms and orvis clones in their zipper-less waders are holding it in because of how cumbersome it is to take a leak you will have one rod in one hand and one in the other and smiling like only a wise old timer can.....;)

frickerdog

Reaction score
I also have the older version and will love your zippered Dryft waders...they will fit like a glove and while young simms and orvis clones in their zipper-less waders are holding it in because of how cumbersome it is to take a leak you will have one rod in one hand and one in the other and smiling like only a wise old timer can.....;)
Maybe Orvis will partner with Depends to outfit us as we age!

okaloosa

Reaction score
Maybe Orvis will partner with Depends to outfit us as we age!
I doubt it...Orvis is targeting hipsters and not guys with hip replacements,,,,,;)
I guess we could just buy the Orvis waders for women...they have more room for the Depends.....

frickerdog

Reaction score
I had been looking for a pair of wading pants for when the weather warms a bit and as a back up to my full waders, so I pulled the trigger on the Dryft wading pants. They arrived yesterday and seem like they are good quality, but I probably won't test them out for a while. The zipper feature is not what I thought it would be -- it really just loosens them for enrobing and disrobing as opposed to being a fly for tree visits. That's probably better anyhow from a water-proofing perspective. I'm 6'1" and 180 and got the Medium Long and they fit great. Pockets seem like they would fit a small fly box. Interior pocket is not waterproof, so I'm not quite sure what I'd put in that. They come with a standard neoprene/velcro belt. Once I've tested them out a few times, I'll come back here for an update.
As promised, I am back to review these. The pair that I purchased are the wading pants that resemble jeans, and I must say that I far prefer to wear them than my full waders (LL Bean). In short, they are extremely comfortable. They are easy to put on, the booties are thick enough to provide warmth and fit well within my boots. They are multi-layered, and I have banged them around a bit and they seem none the worse for wear. I am a minimalist, so the two zippered pockets and one interior pocket (not waterproof) are enough to hold a fly box and a small amount of gear.

Two brief critiques:

1. There is a zinger/net loop on the front left side of the waistband. I wish there was one on the other side, too.
2. The wading belt is a little weak. I subbed in a Simms wading belt.

In short, I'd recommend these to anyone who does not need to wear full waders.

Last edited:

okaloosa

Reaction score
I have the older model zippered chest waders and no complaints at all....I love them and so easy to put on because of zipper.....so far bullet proof. I do agree the stock belt is a little weak so I bought their upgraded belt. I look forward to getting their pants. I assume you bought the regular pair and not the lightweight....

COTater

Reaction score
I have the denim look wading pants and the full chest zip waders. Bought them last summer on a combo deal. Nick @ Dryft took total care of all my questions. Both pair have been fantastic, no issues, good fit, comfortable. On the combo price I paid $669.00 for both.

have fished them both many times in the last 10 months and no regrets at all. Unless they fall apart or have a major issue - ill never use Simms again.

I would recommend them to anyone.