Echo Boost Blue 9 & 10wts......

LOC

Reaction score
I refrained from posting because I am not a owner and was going to let owners chime in.
I beach casted the 7wt. My impression was clearly a fast action rod that seems to be built for getting the line out quickly.

When I picked up the rod it had about 50'of line out. One pickup and lay down and it snapped the reel hard actually too hard I did not expect it to load so aggressively. Pulled off a bunch more line and repeated with the same results. After that I handed it back to the owner. I did not need to cast it any further knowing it will cast as far as your technique and conditions will allow you to.

The surprise came when I asked how much? I was guessing somewhere in the mid three range knowing Echo prices and was pleasantly surprise it was a 100 less then that.

It would make a great back up rod if the action fits the bill and a great thrasher boat rod for those on a budget.
I will say for some it could be too aggressive if you are new to the salt game and you have not cast a lot of fast rods where you can punch the haul hard and get away with it.

Worm Hatch Inspector

Reaction score
I bought a Boost 9wt a year ago as a backup rod to my much more expensive 8wt. I am liking it very well, both the way it casts and the sensitive feel of fighting a fish, and the price was great as well. I use it when I am in a situation where I might have a chance at bigger fish. I had it rigged and ready when my 8wt fly line leader loop broke back in May, and so didn't miss a beat and continued to catch fish.

Worm Hatch Inspector

Reaction score
I now need a backup to my backup! I have a rule to never put anything on top of the roof of my car, but spaced out and put my Sage 8wt up there, then forgot, drove off, and heard something hit the roof rack going down the highway, looked out the rear view and did not see anything. When I realized a few minutes later that a rod was missing inside the car, I turned around and went back looking for it. By then probably 30 cars had run over $1,000 worth of rod line and reel. I found it shattered in the middle of the road. So I ordered another Echo Boost blue 8wt to replace it. I was able to use a $100 off gift card for signing up for a prime card. So I don't feel too bad about it, and got over my bone headed move pretty quick.