Echo shadow click reel

TristianSutton

Reaction score
Honestly I have mixed feelings about this reel, it's still a fantasticly designed reel, and would be at home on any smallest stream rod with a regular fly line, however I'm disheartened to see it failing so frequently with a .022" comp fly line when this "Our Revolutionary new “adjustable frame” design is available in two sizes so you can fish with both conventional trout lines or thin Euro Nymph lines. The Line Window keeps your thin diameter lines protected from the gaps and other areas that can grab it." is directly in Echo's marketing. Maybe its the fact I currently have on a mono core, I'll try a braid core and see if the line continues to jam this horrendously. It actually makes me a little sad the reel fails cause this is one of very few clickers I've ran that was smooth enough to not bust 8x
Stay tuned where i see if a braid core core solves this issue

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

perryazevedo

Padawan Fisherman
Reaction score
Oof. I was looking into picking one of these up.
Which sized reel is that and about how much line did you put on?

flav

Reaction score
Curious why you're not running the line through the "line window"? Looks like your line is spooled on for left hand retrieve, but the line window is set for right hand retrieve. I would think if you move the window to the other side and run your line through it your problems would go away.

TristianSutton

Reaction score
Curious why you're not running the line through the "line window"? Looks like your line is spooled on for left hand retrieve, but the line window is set for right hand retrieve. I would think if you move the window to the other side and run your line through it your problems would go away.
It was through the line window, and the reel is set up for right hand window as i reel right handed

TristianSutton

Reaction score
Nope still a problem with a braid core seemed to be more frequent as well

taylorreels

Trade Member
Reaction score
Nope still a problem with a braid core seemed to be more frequent as well

I can give you a suggestion that should help. Remove a good portion of the backing so that the fly line sits lower on the reel. It should help the fly line from jumping over the edge as often.

Tight Lines,