Favorite Fiberglass rod

el jefe

Reaction score
Nice looking Barclay`s gentlemen, Still love the rods I mentioned in the beginning of the thread, I picked up a vintage FF75 but I always liked those, last year I kind of became enamored with the epic fast glass for glass for more fast and energetic fishing.
I like the Epics, too. I have a 476 and 370. Which Epic models do you have?

guidegun

Reaction score
Right now my only glass rod is a Scott F2 653. Wonderful small stream all arounder. But I have a hankering for a Larry Kenney 813, which may be my next rod purchase if don't find the Sage ultralight I'm looking for first.

Tippetsnap

Reaction score
I have the Epic 476 and really like it. It is my go to rod in any kind of smaller water situation and is really a joy to fish.

Jgill0056

Reaction score
I am new to fiberglass but I have had good luck with moonlit. Im saving up to try an epic fiberglass rod.

drehteufel

Reaction score
I have the Epic 476 and cast it today with Cortland Peach DT4-F.
The line matches the rod very good and I like the way it casts, very smooth between 10 to 30 ft. The combo is a bit heavier, I balanced the rod with a Galvan T4.

WorknPlay

Reaction score
I have been fishing with my T&T Lotic 3 weight this spring. It works great on our over grown smaller brook trout streams. I did get into a few browns a few weeks ago and the rod handled them just fine. I have been using a RIO Lightline DT and a Cortland 444 Peach DT #3 lines on the rod. Works great with a single dry fly like a #14-#16-#18. After using only graphite rods for years, this was my first fiberglass. I have enjoyed the rod so much that I think I will test cast the Lotic #5 weight next week, when I am at the fly shop. Take Care

BrownRedSpots.jpg

Davitticus Maximus

Reaction score
I have yet to buy a fiberglass rod, though I have thought about it for awhile. I came close to purchasing a couple times. Some day I will get around to it.

del gue

Reaction score
About 2 weeks ago I ordered a Livingston Rod Company Western Glass 8'6" 6 wt.

In early July I'll be ordering an Orvis Superfine Glass 8 wt.

It truly is an addiction.