Fen wick Fenglass ?

duker

Reaction score
So far as I know they've been discontinued. You might be able to find one on close-out. I managed to find a 7 weight for sale on the big river site.

stinger22

Reaction score
Thanks I am ok on rods just noticed the fiberglass rods were being dropped not just by this company but others still there are a bunch of smaller builders available

sixwtslinger

Reaction score
Yes, they dropped them 4-5 months back and the supply is drying up quickly. ( I was fortunate enough to collect a few at discount prices during that time. ) I'm finding Ebay is the best place to find the few new/ lightly used models that come up. Speculation among glass lovers is that Fenwick might be refreshing the series as it's been unchanged for a long time.

Lamarsh

Reaction score
Man that is too bad. I have a Fenglass 3wt and it is a great little rod for the money. If it is true that they have in fact been discontinued, and you are looking for a moderately priced glass rod, check out the two products that Echo is making. One is a more traditional glass action (I think called the River Glass), and then they have the Badass Glass series that has a bit faster action than traditional glass. I've heard great things about both, but particularly the Badass Glass, which has a huge following for carp anglers as well as smallie anglers who throw poppers and topwaters.

sixwtslinger

Reaction score
Man that is too bad. I have a Fenglass 3wt and it is a great little rod for the money. If it is true that they have in fact been discontinued, and you are looking for a moderately priced glass rod, check out the two products that Echo is making. One is a more traditional glass action (I think called the River Glass), and then they have the Badass Glass series that has a bit faster action than traditional glass. I've heard great things about both, but particularly the Badass Glass, which has a huge following for carp anglers as well as smallie anglers who throw poppers and topwaters.
The Moonlit Lunar glass rods are decent for the $ too. A little faster than the River Glass and Fenglass. I have them all in 3 wt.

Staflyguy

Reaction score
So I am late to the show in purchasing my first fiberglass fly rod. The Fenglass sounds like it was perfect for a quality affordable entry level fiberglass fly rod. Anything similar on the the market Today? I sent Fenwick an email inquiring about any future offerings. I’ll see if they respond.

proheli

Reaction score
So I am late to the show in purchasing my first fiberglass fly rod. The Fenglass sounds like it was perfect for a quality affordable entry level fiberglass fly rod. Anything similar on the the market Today? I sent Fenwick an email inquiring about any future offerings. I’ll see if they respond.
The Echo Riverglass is in the same category. I’ve seen one and thought it looked great, but have no experience with it. People seem to really enjoy the Redington Butterstick, it’s around 250. Hardy has their Sirrus Sintrix Glass and it appears to be discontinued as I’ve seen a couple around for 200 or so instead of $400 retail.. They are also well liked. If you are willing to be pulled uphill a couple of hundred dollars, then check out Trout Smiths, on the Greywolf website.