Fishing Vehicle

myt1

Reaction score
Update on my pickup. Got tired of loading and unloading the camper between trips (it's 2" too tall to fit in parking garage at work). So I bought a cap/topper/shell whatever you want to call it used. Made a bed on one side with underbed storage for 2 containers one for my cooking gear and one for most of my bedding. On the other side I just layed up some plywood to make roughly three bins for storage of other items. Added a roof rack using 4 - 1.5" plastic blocks, 8 clamps, 16 - 1/4x2.5" bolts and 2 - 6'x3/4" pipe. It's wide enough for two kayaks or one boat. Gonna try this out this year for my overnight getaways. I think this will do ok for now. It is a bit taller than a regular cab hieght one which allows me to sit upright on the bed. Carpeted the floor so my son can come with me, just throw down a sleeping pad and bag he will be all good.

View attachment 33004
View attachment 33003
View attachment 33001

View attachment 33002
Great minds think alike. We have very similar setups, as long as we don't dwell on your one rather significant shortcoming...you have a Chrysler instead of a Toyota :) .

As much as I drool when I see $100,000, now some are over $200,000, campers, I just can't imagine a better rig for traveling solo on back roads when fishing.

IMG_1999.JPG
IMG_1998.JPG

Last edited:

jeep.ster

jeepster
Reaction score
Update on my pickup. Got tired of loading and unloading the camper between trips (it's 2" too tall to fit in parking garage at work). So I bought a cap/topper/shell whatever you want to call it used. Made a bed on one side with underbed storage for 2 containers one for my cooking gear and one for most of my bedding. On the other side I just layed up some plywood to make roughly three bins for storage of other items. Added a roof rack using 4 - 1.5" plastic blocks, 8 clamps, 16 - 1/4x2.5" bolts and 2 - 6'x3/4" pipe. It's wide enough for two kayaks or one boat. Gonna try this out this year for my overnight getaways. I think this will do ok for now. It is a bit taller than a regular cab hieght one which allows me to sit upright on the bed. Carpeted the floor so my son can come with me, just throw down a sleeping pad and bag he will be all good.

View attachment 33004
View attachment 33003
View attachment 33001

View attachment 33002
Great minds think alike. We have very similar setups, as long as we don't dwell on your one rather significant shortcoming...you have a Chrysler instead of a Toyota :) .

As much as I drool when I see $100,000, now some are over $200,000, campers, I just can't imagine a better rig for traveling solo on back roads when fishing.

View attachment 38496
View attachment 38497
Too tidy. My truck camping. Must be a ford thing.

DSCF5503-1.jpg

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
Owning an American truck instead of a Japanese truck is a shortcoming?

Not where I live it isn't.
That Jeep you drive is owned by a foreign company made with parts from all over the globe. Chances are your drive train was made overseas. And your airbox, and etc...
Who cares? Toyota also assembles in the US.
Ok, maybe not your airbox. It was probably made in Mexico which isn't really overseas.

old timer

Reaction score
Not my drivetrain. Mine is 5 times stronger than the crap that came on it.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Jeep was owned by Chrysler when my Jeep was made.

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
Not my drivetrain. Mine is 5 times stronger than the crap that came on it.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Jeep was owned by Chrysler when my Jeep was made.
Chrysler had outsourced parts for years. Shame you had to replace the drive train on your American made? vehicle cause it was crap.

old timer

Reaction score
Chrysler had outsourced parts for years. Shame you had to replace the drive train on your American made? vehicle cause it was crap.
Crap for serious rock crawling. My standards are high. Otherwise, is was fine. My concerns are who owns the company and gets the profits. Why are you against American companies?

Nice try but no cigar.

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
I presented facts and you make assumptions about what I like or don't like. Classic old timer. Please point out to me where I said anything about not liking American products?
You can't. You don't even know what I drive.

old timer

Reaction score
Was a Payne bamboo rod an American rod? Even though the culm came from Asia?

Who cares where the parts are made in cars? It's an American company and the profits stay in the US. Why do you argue against this?

I've never seen a forum that likes to disagree with what I say so much.

old timer

Reaction score
Because you are wrong.
Chrysler is now Dutch owned. Even the Italians didn't want them! Must suck being tossed around over the fire of receivership ever since taking the .gov bailout.
Once again i'm called wrong when i'm not. Chrysler owned Jeep when I bought it. So, are you ready? You're wrong!

jeep.ster

jeepster
Reaction score
You're all wrong and right. Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), which is based in Turin, Italy, but has a North American headquarters in Auburn Hills, Michigan (and is incorporated in the Netherlands for tax purposes) owns jeep. Old timer dates his jeep if it's a chrysler. I had a chrysler jeep too (the most reliable). Had 2 amc jeeps (the best) and 2 renault jeeps (the worst).

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
Only 14.3% of Chrysler shares are held by the US. The rest is Asia, the middle east and Europe. That's where the profits go.

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
Toyota started their first US production in 1971.

I'm a Ford guy. Have never let me down. I also own a Dodge with lots of letdowns.
Also own a 1987 Nissan truck we use around the ranch. 439,000 miles and other than routine maintenance and replacing the alternator once is still solid.

Ard

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Come on guys :(

If we are gonna bear down on people lets focus on those fish on shore images and not worry about what each other choose to drive. I drive a Chevy but the boat has a Honda outboard, second Honda I've had and the reason was how good the first was. My wife however drives a Subaru Forester and I wish it were mine, I just love that car. It's a 2009 we got new and still working.

Reactions: spm