Fishing With Forum Members

geordie41

Reaction score
None yet! But if anyone is coming over to Australia give me a shout, one day I hope to get to the US I really would like to catch a wild brook trout in a mountain stream and spend some time in Montana.

mridenour

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can understand Montana; Western MT in particular. If your travels take you to Southern Oregon ... you're all in (room and board).

fae
Everybody! Meet me at Fred's house Saturday!

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

This thread hasn't seen any activity for awhile, anyone else fishing with forum members?

In 2015 I fished with mtnfarmer, captxkirk, scoutm, rodneybo, muzz flaco, rangerrich99, waycool, goodtimes2, tx_newb, fratnik (from Switzerland), fishugo, had lunch with spm and his wife as they passed through Pinedale, and fished with the PHW crew from back east again in Sept. I have a float trip setup with Troutn and Mridenour for this coming July, I'm really looking forward to fishing with Rick and Mike again!
We'll be there! The tying and planning has already begun!

As for any of you guys that fish Missouri, this weekend Rick (troutn) and I will be fishing the Current Saturday-Monday. If you plan on fishing then or if you want to make plans to fish then, be sure to let us know. We'd love to have breakfast at PJ's and then hit the water with you.

nevadanstig

Reaction score
Havent yet. But if anyone is ever in the northern nevada or eastern sierra regions I'm available.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

wjc

Reaction score
PS: Welcome any juicy stories from fishing with other forum members!!!
One that Jackster thought was juicy, but which turned out to be dry after all.

I was up before Jackster and taking care of some business one morning then I hear him in the hall.

"Jim, you OK?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"You're not sick?"

"No, I'm fine." So now I'm wondering if he got poisoned by the food at Mrs. Mac's - something that's never happend to anyone I've heard of. " Are you all right? "

Then he peeks his head tentatively around the corner and looks at me and the floor all around.

Then he sees what I'm doing and says, with great relief, "Man, at first I thought you'd let out a massive fart but it just kept going on and on. Then I thought, it must be that horrible puking disease all the tour ships get".

"I was expecting to see puke all over the floor. I was afraid to come out of the bedroom. Whatever you had was something I definiely don't want to get near to."

I'd been using a 2" tape gun wrapping packages for shipping, and it does make a pretty disgusting noise coming off the roll, especially when heard muffled and from a distance.

TBBlom, had a fish on for about 25 minutes that decided to change its tactics, and race round and round the perimeter of the boat, often in a smaller diameter than a boat's length. My camera-ready buddy Big Al and I would move back and forth out of T's way as he raced around the center console to either flop down on the forward deck with rod under the water or hanging onto the outboard cowling on his trip back. During a brief rest period, T looks at us and says " Have you got any idea how many laps I've done around this center console?

Nikito from Argentina was able to get down here for two days while my buddy Apple was visiting from Georgia, where he'd recently relocated to take care of his elderly parents. It had started out slow first evening, and the tide had picked up in the channel, sending a stream of weeds by us and fouling every cast.

So I'd pulled the hook and went prospecting, finding a large school of big pilchards hanging around the upwind side of the weeds near the other channel edge. No sooner had we dropped the hook and Apple gotten his fly in the water that he had a take and spit, looked at me with a grin and said "Good call. They're here" and reeled in.

It's pitch black by now and Nikito cast toward the edge of the weeds and flicked on his his hat light just as a massive fish hit his fly on top in a spectacular take. Then he starts screaming in Spanish at a monumental volume which scared the hell out of Apple and me. We thought he'd gotten wrist wrapped or something and was about to be yanked out of the boat.

But the fish got off after 10 or 15 seconds and the screaming stopped, then Nikito looks at us and says, " Sorry, I got a little excited".

Apple says to me " A little excited! I was wishing I had my shotgun. I didn't know what was happening."

What a great time we had though. On the next fish fight, that went on for about 40 minutes before the hook pulled, Nikito would ask how was he doing. Apple or I would say, "More pressure". Toward the end, Nikito would look over at us ocassionally, say "more pressure", then turn his attention back to the fish.

Barring any deadly puking diseases, Jackster is on board for the upcoming season, and hopefully Nikito can make it again as well as Mr. T.

I'm crossing my fingers hoping Ard can get down here this May when Jackster is here. Sadly, I missed fishing with Gator transplant a few years ago when I got jammed up with work, and progress on re-doing my boat bogged down, extending it's existence as a carport ornament.

Of the three forum members I've fished with, I have thoroughly enjoyed the time I have spent with them all, both on and off the water.

Last edited:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
one day I hope to get to the US I really would like to catch a wild brook trout in a mountain stream and spend some time in Montana.
Geordie: If you make it to the U.S. and interested in fishing western Wyoming, give me a shout and we will make it happen. I'm also only about 100 miles from the south entrance to Yellowstone NP. I'd love to meet and fish with you. A few years back Brian (aka liphookadau from Australia) did a trip with Ard in Alaska and then flew into Jackson, WY where I picked him up and we spent three days fishing on Kelly's (aka kglissmeyer1) No Tellum' Spring Creek and had a blast.

slowdown

Reaction score
Impressed with how many of you get to fish with others on here. Pretty cool

I'm up for fishing with folks from here (once this snow and Ice leaves!). Funny how things work but I get so tied up with work and family that I really haven't done a good job of having fishing buddies. Most of mine have moved or gotten families of their own now and the time slips by. So any of you Colorado or Wyoming men or women want to fish let me know. For those on the Front Range, I love to go and if you trust me driving....then the gas is always free.

Jamie

geordie41

Reaction score
Re: Fishing With Forum Member

Geordie: If you make it to the U.S. and interested in fishing western Wyoming, give me a shout and we will make it happen. I'm also only about 100 miles from the south entrance to Yellowstone NP. I'd love to meet and fish with you. A few years back Brian (aka liphookadau from Australia) did a trip with Ard in Alaska and then flew into Jackson, WY where I picked him up and we spent three days fishing on Kelly's (aka kglissmeyer1) No Tellum' Spring Creek and had a blast.
Sounds great I would also love to spend some time on the water with yourself mate.
A few months ago I hired a young lad from Montana as a kitchen hand he's backpacking in Australia,quite a shy young chap who In his words not mine lives out in the middle of nowhere. I've taken him fishing a few of times and generally made sure the big city doesn't eat him up ,Melbourne being his first stop on his first trip away from home. He's obviously told his parents about me and they have kindly said if I'm ever over in there part of the world I have come and stay with them ( his dad sounds like my kind of guy loves the outdoors,camping,Flyfishing hunting ect ect. He's offered to take me on a camping ,fishing trip traveling horseback in Montana ! I just have to put my son through university first, and maybe learn to ride a horse then USA here I come!!!

troutdoorsman

Reaction score
I fished with Bigfly a long time before I joined this forum and met up with webrx once. Always up to meet other members

cab

Reaction score
Living in Colorado, I have the opportunity to fish with a LOT of members of this forum. One would think.

My days off are Sun, Mon, Tues, makes it tough to meet up with folks who work a human schedule. Places are less crowded, a fair trade.

Mercedes and I did meet up with Kyle (sndman11) for a heckuva fun day a while back- hope to do so again! He's good people.

G.G. and I went up to see Boss & Ard for a week to remember, and will no doubt go back. More than worth every penny.

CAB

labradorguy

Reaction score
I got to see Ridenour fall in once. 2 degrees F that morning. I would've taken a movie for everyone but I was too busy trying to unstick my tongue from my rod tip... e.g. the scene in "A Christmas Story"

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
That reminds me of a trip to the Grey Reef section of the North Platte river a few years back with Rod (aka rodneybo) and Chase (aka Chased) in October as I recall. Chase and I got there early and fished together, while wading we both ended up taking a dive. Later that evening, Rod showed up and couldn't stop laughing that we had both fallen in the river. Guess what, the very next day Rod took a dive. LOL! Rod lost his net twice, but it floated by either Chase or I and we recovered it, then we went over to the Miracle Mile the next day and again Rod lost his net, this time for good. That was an awesome trip, we all had a blast staying in the cabins at Sloans, split three ways makes for a pretty inexpensive trip.

littledavid123

Reaction score
This thread hasn't seen any activity for awhile, anyone else fishing with forum members?

In 2015 I fished with mtnfarmer, captxkirk, scoutm, rodneybo, muzz flaco, rangerrich99, waycool, goodtimes2, tx_newb, fratnik (from Switzerland), fishugo, had lunch with spm and his wife as they passed through Pinedale, and fished with the PHW crew from back east again in Sept. I have a float trip setup with Troutn and Mridenour for this coming July, I'm really looking forward to fishing with Rick and Mike again!

Congrats Larry, you are becoming quite the celebrity and for all the right reasons...

Dave

labradorguy

Reaction score
I'm trying to make some fishing plans right now but somebody from Arkansas, who shall remain nameless, needs to clear out some old messages in their full to the top PM box so we can get it squared away. LOL

mridenour

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I got to see Ridenour fall in once. 2 degrees F that morning. I would've taken a movie for everyone but I was too busy trying to unstick my tongue from my rod tip... e.g. the scene in "A Christmas Story"
I always fall in...it usually isn't that cold. Thank goodness I didn't get very wet.