Fishing With Forum Members

labradorguy

Reaction score
I always fall in...it usually isn't that cold. Thank goodness I didn't get very wet.
Yeah, you popped up really fast. I was really impressed by the reflexes. Still, even that little splash on the clothes would've done me in. You're a hardcore angler brother.

trs

Reaction score
A shot in the dark

Anybody in deep South Georgia ( gnat too hard to figure if you are) wanna meet up???

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8504F using Tapatalk

nicfaust

Reaction score
Hi there. I am new here and this is my first post. It is a great idea to go fishing with forum members. I hope someday I will do it too.

moucheur2003

Reaction score
I've been on the forum for a few years, but other than a recent afternoon with Wolfglen while visiting inlaws in Florida, I haven't had the opportunity to fish with anyone here yet. I'm always on the lookout for fishing buddies, though. Home for me is Boston, with frequent visits to Martha's Vineyard and northern Vermont, and less frequent expeditions farther afield.

hatidua

Reaction score
Based on the number of vehicles with Titan Rod Vaults on their roof that are typically at the spots I fish in Colorado and Wyoming, I suspect I've fished near a person or two that is on this forum but I'm not really sure one way or another. And, if any members here fished out of the St Lucie Inlet in Stuart, FL between 2004 and 2010, I left that inlet in my boat five days a week for six straight years so we probably at least passed one another at Finest Kind near the fuel dock :)

mjkirshner

Reaction score
Where in Boston do you fish? I am going to be there for a few days in May for a graduation, and would love to try a different kind of fishing from what I am used to here in Southeast Florida.

mjkirshner

Reaction score
I've been on the forum for a few years, but other than a recent afternoon with Wolfglen while visiting inlaws in Florida, I haven't had the opportunity to fish with anyone here yet. I'm always on the lookout for fishing buddies, though. Home for me is Boston, with frequent visits to Martha's Vineyard and northern Vermont, and less frequent expeditions farther afield.
Where in Boston? I am going to be in Cambridge for a few days in May for a graduation, and would love to try some fishing that is different from what I am used to here in SE Florida. What would you suggest? And for that matter, where in Florida are the in-laws, and when do you plan to be back?

PS: I am not... umm... what's a polite word for "stupid"... yeah, that... enough to offer to put up anyone who visits Southeast Florida, but I have a couple kayaks and some saltwater fly gear that I am willing to lend to anyone who makes it down here and wants to hit the water with me.

moucheur2003

Reaction score
Where in Boston? I am going to be in Cambridge for a few days in May for a graduation, and would love to try some fishing that is different from what I am used to here in SE Florida. What would you suggest? And for that matter, where in Florida are the in-laws, and when do you plan to be back?

PS: I am not... umm... what's a polite word for "stupid"... yeah, that... enough to offer to put up anyone who visits Southeast Florida, but I have a couple kayaks and some saltwater fly gear that I am willing to lend to anyone who makes it down here and wants to hit the water with me.
Sent you a PM

kevlevrone

Reaction score
Hi everyone. It is a really great idea to go fishing with some forum members. I am from Detroit and know a couple of good places so don't be shy to contact me.

ia_trouter

Reaction score
I live in Port Saint John Florida. I moved here from West Yellowstone last October and I am looking for someone to fish with!!!
I hope you find somebody to fish with. The Driftless guys from the forum fish together fairly regular and we aren't exactly next door neighbors. We keep our regional forum hopping. If we're only catching little browns and brookies, or heck even stocker bows, we chat that up. The social thing only works if you feed it some. I've met and fished with about half dozen forum guys. We've sure had a good time. I consider every one of them good friends now. I've noticed a lot of the regional sub-forums are pretty stagnant and it doesn't have to be like that. Only takes two people to get it started.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
I hope you find somebody to fish with. The Driftless guys from the forum fish together fairly regular and we aren't exactly next door neighbors. We keep our regional forum hopping. If we're only catching little browns and brookies, or heck even stocker bows, we chat that up. The social thing only works if you feed it some. I've met and fished with about half dozen forum guys. We've sure had a good time. I consider every one of them good friends now. I've noticed a lot of the regional sub-forums are pretty stagnant and it doesn't have to be like that. Only takes two people to get it started.
Dewayne: I couldn't agree more! This year I fished with Jason (aka Caddis75), Rod (aka rodneybo), Steve (aka waycool) and a couple of his fishing buddies (Al and Dan), Rich (aka RangerRich99). Plus I got to visit with Muzzy (aka muzz-flaco) who now guides out of Pleasure Park on the Gunnison River. We had dinner with Ron (aka rfong) and his wife as they passed thru Pinedale.

ia_trouter

Reaction score
Dewayne: I couldn't agree more! This year I fished with Jason (aka Caddis75), Rod (aka rodneybo), Steve (aka waycool) and a couple of his fishing buddies (Al and Dan), Rich (aka RangerRich99). Plus I got to visit with Muzzy (aka muzz-flaco) who now guides out of Pleasure Park on the Gunnison River. We had dinner with Ron (aka rfong) and his wife as they passed thru Pinedale.
Well here is my list. I already have, or intend to try to fish with most of them at least annually.

Craigthor, he doesn't post much but we have fished together ALOT.

kcdeal- He lives close and we fish multi-species. He is my only witness to some epic crappie on the fly adventures.

fishiowa- very knowledgeable and fun to fish with.

unknownflyman-first trip with him but there will be more.

k_e_v- our forum joking around doesn't stop in person. You'd wonder if we are actually friends lol. We are going to fish some more when it cools off.

Almost forgot Itchy. He is "as advertised". Very serious fisherman but fun to be around.

And of course Ard. I probably have more hours on the water with him than anyone the past 5 years, and that includes my immediate family. Such a fun guy to hangout with when he doesn't have to watch his every word because he is a mod.

Everyone of these guys except kc has more experience than me and is glad to teach others.

We have some invites out for the newer Driftless members. Hopefully by this fall we can meet some of them.

mjkirshner

Reaction score
I live in Port Saint John Florida. I moved here from West Yellowstone last October and I am looking for someone to fish with!!!
I am in West Palm Beach, about two hours south of you. It's not right next door, but I get up to the Ft Pierce area pretty often, and that's about halfway. What kind of fishing did you have in mind?

Tarpon Time

Reaction score
Primarily I am fly fishing from shore. Near my home there are some baby Tarpon. I have did a weekend on Sanibel for snook. I am new to the area but finding enough fishing to keep me busy. Let me know what you are into fishing for and where I am good on weekends and do not mind a trip as long as there are fishing opportunities!!

scoutm

Reaction score
Man, I guess I'm going to have to work a little harder to be remembered... My ego is telling me you're just upset that I caught the biggest brown:D

big brown.jpg

mjkirshner

Reaction score
Primarily I am fly fishing from shore. Near my home there are some baby Tarpon. I have did a weekend on Sanibel for snook. I am new to the area but finding enough fishing to keep me busy. Let me know what you are into fishing for and where I am good on weekends and do not mind a trip as long as there are fishing opportunities!!
I fish for anything that will take my fly! Shore, wade, kayak, SUP, water-wings.... okay, not water-wings... but only because you can't cast. I'd consider trolling from water-wings if I thought I could catch fish.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk