Fishing With Forum Members

FlymanSJB

Reaction score
Ive fished with and met a number of forum members and met a few by accident when asked if I am on any forums, a couple of chaps from out of state at the spey clave last fall, said "So you are the Unknownflyman!" Which made me a bit nervous at first but then they said how much they liked my posts, which was a relief, because I think boxing in waders could be quite tiring actually.

Good group of guys fishing in the drifltess area and fishing four states of the Great Lakes and Canada. I`d fish with anyone that is posting in the annual driftless trip report threads.

There are not a lot of fish in Minnesota and Wisconsin so we mostly hang out in our expensive Simms waders with our 1000$ fly rods and drink beer, but its fun.

dennyk

Reaction score
Ive fished with and met a number of forum members and met a few by accident when asked if I am on any forums, a couple of chaps from out of state at the spey clave last fall, said "So you are the Unknownflyman!" Which made me a bit nervous at first but then they said how much they liked my posts, which was a relief, because I think boxing in waders could be quite tiring actually.

Good group of guys fishing in the drifltess area and fishing four states of the Great Lakes and Canada. I`d fish with anyone that is posting in the annual driftless trip report threads.

There are not a lot of fish in Minnesota and Wisconsin so we mostly hang out in our expensive Simms waders with our 1000$ fly rods and drink beer, but its fun.
Nice post Steve, if you ever get into the Grand Rapids Mich area let me know, I have 2 spots that you would enjoy swinging for Steelhead during the fall and winter months.

Denny

FlymanSJB

Reaction score
Nice post Steve, if you ever get into the Grand Rapids Mich area let me know, I have 2 spots that you would enjoy swinging for Steelhead during the fall and winter months.

Denny
Thank you sir, I need to get some more time fishing winter steelhead, fall and late season was just too busy this year. Just maybe it will let up in January.

ia_trouter

Reaction score

The D.A. is a small world for sure. If you attempt to be social in a friendly way on forums you get "internet famous" for better or worse I guess. I met Rich aka fishiowa quite by accident in person. I'm in a parking lot on a stream near his home. I don't recall if it was his gear, a window sticker or whatever but I see him wadering up and I just had this feeling. I walk over and ask "are you fishiowa by chance?" He replies "yes I am, are you ia_trouter?" We had chatted a bit on the forum and he knew I lived only 75 miles away. I was a complete rookie on the fly and kinda hoped to tag along a bit that day. He obliged and showed me some basic tactics of fishing his home stream. We fished quite a lot more the next couple years. I need to try to get him posting here more. He is a wealth of DA knowledge and such a fun guy to be around.