Flies and/or Supplies for Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery (2019)

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
The donation drive is now closed. Thanks everyone for helping out with this year's donation drive for Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery, it is very much appreciated.

It is time to start a new thread requesting flies for both 2019 Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery programs. This will be the seventh straight year we have donated flies and fly fishing materials to CFR and PHW. If you have any excess flies that you would like to donate or are willing to tie up six or maybe a dozen for those two great organizations, that would be wonderful. The flies don't need to be all the same pattern, but they do need to be unused flies. If you can't tie or don't tie flies, we also except fly boxes, nippers, forceps, tippet, leaders or other fly fishing related items that would be appropriate as raffle items for the respective retreats.

The Project Healing Waters fly donation will be going to Bob Gartner who is the program lead at Ft Belvoir and was a tremendous help the last several years in getting our flies distributed throughout the country to those PHW's programs in need. Last year our flies were added to the flies generated in the two fly tying marathons that PHW's put on, for a total of 6,000 flies that were distributed around the country. We ended up donating just over 1,500 flies to PHW, if I remember correctly. It never ceases to amaze me what a few people can do to help those in need.

Paying it forward the best I can...

If your willing to donate flies or fly fishing related items to either Project Healing Waters or Casting for Recovery send me a PM and I will forward my address.

My goal is to have all donated flies and fly fishing accessories to me by the end of April 2020, so I can get them mailed to the respective organizations.

1. dillon
2. spm..........flies delivered!
3. dennyk..........flies delivered!
4. hairwing530
5. mcnerney..........flies delivered!
6. flukefly
7. rodneyshishido
8. falcon53..........donation delivered!
9. ryc72
10. ia_trouter
11. jpbfly..........flies delivered!
12. deepdeeppow..........donation delivered!
13. pheldozer
14. okaloosa..........flies delivered!
15. chill..........flies delivered!
16. the mad duck..........flies delivered!
17. tomsakai..........flies delivered!
18. mjkirshner..........flies delivered!
19. plugs
20. r reese
21. kevind62..........donation delivered!
22. depenner..........flies delivered!
23. The Mad Duck..........donation delivered!

Last edited:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Dillo, spm, dennyk and hairwing530..........thanks for your continued support for our vets and the gals battling breast cancer!

ryc72

Reaction score
please count me in as well for a whole mess of flies. im assuming in your original post, that you meant april 2020.

FlukeFly

Reaction score
I was talking in my office about the support on my end for this project. "By tying flies for this project". I was asked to tie some pink into them for the CFR. I was thinking, just add some pink ones in the mix. I don't think the Pink ones will fish.
And I will have to to some camo for the PHW side.

Well I feel connected to this project because my son is now deployed with the USMC and my wife now has cancer.

dennyk

Reaction score
I was talking in my office about the support on my end for this project. "By tying flies for this project". I was asked to tie some pink into them for the CFR. I was thinking, just add some pink ones in the mix. I don't think the Pink ones will fish.
And I will have to to some camo for the PHW side.

Well I feel connected to this project because my son is now deployed with the USMC and my wife now has cancer.
My best thoughts and prayers for you, your son's safety and your wife's healing process.

Denny