Fly Shack long handle rubber landing net

tcorfey

Reaction score
I have a similar net I use, it came from the Fly Shop in Redding CA and other than the weight it works fine. Like the add says it's great on a pontoon boat or kayak to give that extra reach. I also carry it when wading for smaller steelhead. I have about 4-5 different nets I use. This style net is definitely in the rotation.

srock

Reaction score
Anyone used this net from flyshack.com before? Price is right for having in my 12ft tinner. Not looking to spend as much as a fishpond costs.View attachment 23925
I did not mean to quote the entire add. Sorry about that. Not sure I understand the new format entirely. Anyway, as I grow older I see more and more value in a longer net handle. The old days of stooping over to scoop up a fish are behind me. So, even though I do not have experience with the mentioned net, I think it is a good idea. I also think the price is right on these nets. I have some Brodins which are nice but pricey. The Fishpond are nicer, but I prefer natural wood. But for the price I might be willing to try one of these Flyshack nets and even get the extra long one. So thinks for the post.

DyingBreed

Reaction score
The only thing I see I'm not sure on is the size of the holes at the bottom of the net. The rubber net itself looks similar to a maxcatch and Ive seen a few reviews of people complaining of smaller fish going through or their heads going through and getting stuck. I think ill still order one and if the net itself isn't ideal then I was thinking of buying a fishpond emerger replacement net as its very similar in size and pretty cheap. Ill post up when I get it.

DyingBreed

Reaction score
Well I ordered the net today but because I live in Canada the shipping was almost as much as the net so I cancled my order for now until the border reopens. Might just grab a fishpond net now, thanks for the feed back for those that chimed in.