Fly tying materials to trade

dillon

Reaction score
I will trade fly tying materials Including feathers, furs, dubbing, thread, synthetics, hooks and books. I’m looking for a little good quality legal Heron Spey hackle, or a few trout nymphs in exchange. Let me know what you need and I will shoot you some pics of what I have. I will make you a very good deal.

dillon

Reaction score
I might be your huckleberry. Whatcha got for feathers?
I was hoping you might bite. I have lots For both trout and steelhead flies. Several grizzlie saddles, both natural and dyed, other natural colors too. Marabou, Guinea, Partridge. A little jungle cock, greys and more. Tell me what you need and I will pm some pics

flytie09

Reaction score
Are you looking to just try them? Don’t so you have certain colors or sizes in mind?

Im always looking for good duck flank, bronze mallard, ringneck pheasant rump, GP skins / heads, dyed squirrel tail, white tipped turkey, gp tail, salmon hooks, parrot, pb, seal fur, black saddle, larger grizzly hen hackle, dyed bep, swan, silk floss....

If you want a couple to try.... I’ll send you some. If you want more.... I can send you some links. And yes it’s legal heron.

dillon

Reaction score

Here's the deal. I was given a ton of stuff by an aging fly tier friend. At 92 he has given up all but tying his beloved, Atlantic Salmon flies. I told him i would take the lot but, give most of it away. I also have some stuff left that Fred Evans gave me, after giving most of that away too. I laid out a few things i thought you might be able to use and those boxes are full of stuff too. You, or anyone else, can let me know what you can use, send me your address and Ill ship it off to you. All i ask is a little something to offset the cost and task of packing and shipping. The box in the back is full of trout hooks that a beginning tier might like. Another box is full of flashabou and rubber legs. The box behind the thread is full of dubbing with a few samples laid out in front. The purple is seal fur from Dave Mcneese's old shop. Do you like those blind eye hooks, there's more? There is a lot of deer, elk and moose hair. Take it off my hands guys...

Last edited:

flytie09

Reaction score
Sad to hear of how you acquired these materials. But it would be an honor to tie some flies with material from Fred's personal collection and the other gentleman of course. Set aside all of the blind eyes hooks, the squirrel tail, GP crest, any of the threads that are 8/0 in any color, the small peacock feathers in the center, all of the angora dubbing packs, the purple seal fur and any other seal packs, any simi-seal or other long fibered dubbing packs (any color), and anything else similar to this.....send me a PM with a picture of this stuff set aside and we'll work something out.

What's in the Macy's Box? Curious.

If there others that give you an offer......I'll let them have first dibs. Thanks for this offer.

djfan

Reaction score
I have a ton of body yarn and chenille. Olive and some black/grey that is really buggy. They both are medium to slight in thickness. GREAT for larger nymphs and rubber legs, maybe even wully buggers.

I want turkey biots, utc thread and nymph hooks.

hairwing530

Reaction score
beside the AuSable River in northern Michigan
Hey Dillon,

Once the guys are done picking out their stuff, please let me know what you have left. "My kids" go through a lot of materials in the six months of Saturday classes, and I can put to good use trout hooks, streamer fixin's, hair and dubbing. And, I'd be happy to tie you up whatever nymphs you need.

Have a good one, Dillon, and thanks for offering this stuff up...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

djfan

Reaction score
If you get to the end of this and have materials, tools, hooks, etc., left, I teach tying to the local 4H. I will take whatever and promise to donate it all to them.

Let me know.

bocianka1

Reaction score
I'm always interested in some good fishing/tying books. Send me a picture of what you have and the cost for shipping to 19008. I'm not sure if I have any materials you want to trade for, most of my feathers and fur came from hunters or road kill so its common thongs like turkey, fox,, and squirell. However, I'll tie up an order of flies if that's your fancy.

You don't have any olive died dry fly hackle do you? I know its a long shot, but its on my wish list to start tying a green drake pattern and I haven't picked it up yet so I thought I'd ask.

I applaud your generosity and seeing all these materials put to good use. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

dillon

Reaction score
I have been putting six packages for shipment next week when I get back home from a trip to the Oregon coast.

bocianka, I’ll get back to you about any books I might be willing to part with.