Fly tying materials to trade

bocianka1

Reaction score
Have an extra hardback J Gierach Still Life With Brook Trout with dust jacket would trade for another newer J Gierach.
Thanks for the offer but I am currently listening to Still Life With Brook Trout on audiobook and enjoying it immensely. Getting a hard copy seems like overkill. If you'd like a copy of the audio version, PM me. I find listening to them in the car is a great way to pass the time and even "re-read" them again so to speak. I also have complete season downloads of some fly fishing podcasts that are free and worth a listen if anyone is interested.

Unfortunately, most of my books are electronic so I can't swap em'. The hard copies I do have, I enjoy too much to part with. But I appreciate the offer.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

saltydancin

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer but I am currently listening to Still Life With Brook Trout on audiobook and enjoying it immensely. Getting a hard copy seems like overkill. If you'd like a copy of the audio version, PM me. I find listening to them in the car is a a great way to pass the time and even "re-read" them again so to speak. I also have complete season downloads of some fly fishing podcasts that are free and worth a listen if anyone is interested.
Unfortunately, most of my books are electronic so I can't swap em'. The hard copies I do have, I enjoy too much to part with. But I appreciate the offer.
Not in the vehicle long enough to listen to an audiobook as with hard copy start & stop when can bookmark a page.

djfan

Reaction score
Wow Dillon!!!! I can't believe how generous you were in this!! Most all of it goes to the local 4H club, where I teach fly tying and fly fishing. They will be blessed!!

Can you tell me what flies you would like? Maybe what river you fish the most?

I hope in the future, if you need flies, you ask me for them instead of purchasing them!

dillon

Reaction score
Wow Dillon!!!! I can't believe how generous you were in this!! Most all of it goes to the local 4H club, where I teach fly tying and fly fishing. They will be blessed!!

Can you tell me what flies you would like? Maybe what river you fish the most?

I hope in the future, if you need flies, you ask me for them instead of purchasing them!
Yes, your box was loaded up with hooks and materials for your classes. I hope there are some items you can use as well. As an elementary school principal I taught after fly tying classes to students and parents. So, your work with young people is appreciated and respected. The man that gave me his materials is the father of a colleague. He will be happy to know that his materials will be in the hands of children and skilled tiers.

I don’t expect much in return. Some Stillwater patterns for Central Oregon lakes would be appreciated. Crane Prairie Reservoir is one of the lakes I fish.

hairwing530

Reaction score
beside the AuSable River in northern Michigan
Hey Dillon,

I just want to echo the sentiments expressed here in this thread... WOW! Your "care package" arrived, my friend, and I was blown away, Dillon. Your kindness and generosity toward "my kids" will NOT be forgotten, and you'll be seeing some "bugs" from yours truly in the coming weeks.

Dillon, many thanks to you for your sharing ways. Stay healthy and take good care. And, may the Man Upstairs forever bless you...

Jerry, aka hairwing530