Flying into the Rockies for a Fly Fishing Vacation:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
I hope someone finds this information useful. I posted this on another thread, but thought it should be a dedicated thread for those that are planning on doing a fly fishing vacation in the Rockies by "flying here" and need information on logistics. Below is information on a vehicle rental outfit in Boseman, MT that offers rentals, camping gear and travel trailers.

I received this information by email from a friend from France that JP (aka jpbfly) introduced me to awhile back. Here is a a trip he did a few years back, they flew into Boseman, MT and rented a suburban from an outfit called Phasmid, they rent Chevy Suburbans and Subaru Outbacks and a whole host of camping gear and now are doing small travel trailers. I have no idea what they charge, but my friend came over from France as a group of four anglers, so splitting the cost made it easier on the wallet. Phasmid makes it possible for someone flying into the Rockies the ability to travel/camp/explore the whole region. Note the cargo carrier on top and the cargo dividers inside, the tents and tuperware. Last year he came over with just his GF so he rented the Subaru Outback, not as much room but probably a cheaper option for just two anglers.

Another view of the storage dividers:

Here is their trip itinerary from a few years back:

https://www.phasmidrentals.com

L

Liphookedau

Hi Larry.
Thanks for The Info hopefully I can get back to The NW next year as a couple of younger guys who I fish with over here want to come over also I want to catch up with you again so hopefully we might do similar as The Plan is to Fish The Missouri,The Bighorn,The Madison & possibly a few more.
Hopefully I can get to Penrith next week if it cools down as it's been The Hottest Summer since 1958 with many days in a row well over 100 F since early Jan to get some more of The Post Material.
Cheers.
Brian

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Brian

Sounds good, I hope it works out that we can fish together again!

Larry

Hi Larry.
Thanks for The Info hopefully I can get back to The NW next year as a couple of younger guys who I fish with over here want to come over also I want to catch up with you again so hopefully we might do similar as The Plan is to Fish The Missouri,The Bighorn,The Madison & possibly a few more.
Hopefully I can get to Penrith next week if it cools down as it's been The Hottest Summer since 1958 with many days in a row well over 100 F since early Jan to get some more of The Post Material.
Cheers.
Brian

vanwagw

Reaction score
I hope someone finds this information useful. I posted this on another thread, but thought it should be a dedicated thread for those that are planning on doing a fly fishing vacation in the Rockies by "flying here" and need information on logistics. Below is information on a vehicle rental outfit in Boseman, MT that offers rentals, camping gear and travel trailers.

I received this information by email from a friend from France that JP (aka jpbfly) introduced me to awhile back. Here is a a trip he did a few years back, they flew into Boseman, MT and rented a suburban from an outfit called Phasmid, they rent Chevy Suburbans and Subaru Outbacks and a whole host of camping gear and now are doing small travel trailers. I have no idea what they charge, but my friend came over from France as a group of four anglers, so splitting the cost made it easier on the wallet. Phasmid makes it possible for someone flying into the Rockies the ability to travel/camp/explore the whole region. Note the cargo carrier on top and the cargo dividers inside, the tents and tuperware. Last year he came over with just his GF so he rented the Subaru Outback, not as much room but probably a cheaper option for just two anglers.

Another view of the storage dividers:

Here is their trip itinerary from a few years back:

https://www.phasmidrentals.com
I like the set up for storing gear. Nice layout.