Foam frogs

ddb

Reaction score
Nice work!

What glue do you use on the foam?

LOC

Reaction score
Nice Kermits, I'll have to keep that rolled foam technique in mind the next time I make a popper. Good stuff!

Denduke

Reaction score
You gotta be fast with foam and CA glue. Pinching the piece together hard before it dries. I use mostly the fingernail glue. $1.50-2.50 and the double deal $1.00 at DollarTree. Some like Krazyglue have brushes. Gotta keep the holes open with bodkin👍
Use foam for a lotta stuff...8BB12AB9-5494-4699-A739-258F6D6BE95B.jpeg15B0FA88-0EF7-4693-B269-C6E2A6BAA894.jpegDE18D6BF-769A-4F60-97CB-B25723C6C768.jpeg

Last edited:

JoJer

Reaction score
Awhile back I did a bunch of stacked craft foam popper bodies. I glued them with contact cement. Messy but solid. And you gotta get it right the first time. No do overs. I cut most of the plugs with improvised cutters like yours, then bought a punch set at Tandy leather. I get some good effect gluing a large sequin on the front of the cylindrical poppers, it gives them a nice dished face in the color of your choice.

knotjoe

Reaction score
Spring Peeper size!

Or a Cricket Frog, both of which are far more numerous in my parts than Pickerel or Leopards. I like those little froggy ideas, good thing to have in the 5 wt box for bluegill/bass excursions. Slightly more noticeable than a spider, yet tempting in profile and easier to cast for bass.

If it's dead calm, I do well on small spiders for picky bass. Any wind or ripple, it's like they don't even notice it. Gonna give the mini-frogs a shot this year...if I can do it without gluing the f-ing thing to my finger. I'm bad with CA glue like that.:rolleyes: