Frogg Toggs Canyon II Breathable Stockingfoot Hip Wader

Davitticus Maximus

Reaction score
I have been told to stay away from any/ all of the Frogg Togg waders as they tend to leak on the first day of use. And I have first hand experience with the pair that I bought for my wife, though not the same exact model waders. I had to repair them after her first time using them there was a pinhole in the bottom of one of the stocking feet. I went to a shop up near the Salmon River to buy the repair kit and the owner of the shop told me of all the issues he had to deal with that brand.

jayr

Reaction score
I cannot speak to their waders, but I bought a pair of their wading boots several years ago. I bought them on price as it was pretty low. After less than 1 month of use, I found out why. The sole delaminated while I was deep inside the GSMNP. Walking out was not fun to say the least. I ended up getting my money back which was good, but they were extremely cheaply made.

YMMV

nawagner

Reaction score
I agree. I've got a pair of Frogg Togg waders and had to basically reseal the seams between the feet and the legs. I called and left them a message and never did get a response. They weren't leaking to the point it soaked my feet, just enough to be irritating.

I like the front dual pocket and they way they fit. I also like the extra layer of protection on the legs. Now that they don't leak I'm happy with them and were over half the cost of others out there.

Had some boots as well, and loved the fit. I had to glue them back together a few times.

So to answer your question, it depends. They are reasonably priced but need work to get them to where they should be. If that doesn't bother you or it's worth the savings, then go for it..

djfan

Reaction score
I bought some Frogg Togg chest waders last season. I really like mine. No leaks, the pockets are cool, I like the integrated wading belt, and the price. So far, no leaks. Nothing is perfect, so choose your waders and live with them. Good luck!

brownbass

Reaction score
I would try Compass360 if you want to stay in that price range. I have used Redington Pros for a number of years with very little problem.

Bill

sasquatch7

Reaction score
Nothing to do with price range I've just heard bad things about Chotas and I wanted a pair of breathable pull up hippers . Thanks tho for all your help guys , I guess I dont really need them I have chest and waist waders .

frickerdog

Reaction score
I bought Frog Toggs bootfoot hip waders last spring because they were cheap. I used them about 3 dozen times before they started leaking where the boot meets the fabric. They're super easy to put on, low price, and low maintenance. If you buy them, pay $7.99 that for a can of Flexi-seal, and you'll be good to go. Once they leak at the seam, turn them inside out and flexi-seal that seam (so that it is not exposed to the water) and you will be good to go. Just make sure that the flexi-seal does not run down onto the inner sole of the boot.

I think the model that I got were Rana II.

rsagebrush

Reaction score
I got their hipper stocking foots, no leaks after all these years, not especially cheap though. I don't use them much except in early season on small water and later I just wet wade, no complaints though. Stocking foot hippers are getting really hard to locate anymore.