Getting started

Peelindrag

Reaction score
I’m just starting to get in to fly fishing after several years of fishing and was wondering what the best backing,fly line, and reel are
I know for leader to use seaguar fluorocarbon of some sort
Target species are universal so i would ideally be looking for something that could catch trout and stuff but be able to hold up to a muskie or salmon no problem

quattro

Reaction score
So you are truly starting from scratch. I'd highly recommend you find a local fly shop and and tell them your budget and ask them to help set you up. While you are there book some casting lessons.

LOC

Reaction score
I’m just starting to get in to fly fishing after several years of fishing and was wondering what the best backing,fly line, and reel are
I know for leader to use seaguar fluorocarbon of some sort
Target species are universal so i would ideally be looking for something that could catch trout and stuff but be able to hold up to a muskie or salmon no problem

It's going to be really difficult to find one fly rod that can cover the species you have listed in a practical application.

What your asking is you want a car to handle great on the road but also something I could take on the Baja 500.

Bambooflyguy

Reaction score
You need lighter line weight rods 3-6 for trout and heavier rods 8-10 weight for big fish/flies....there is no universal stick. Unless you want to be under gunned or over done! It’s like golf....can’t drive with a putter.....anyway.....we all need more!