GigBob 2.0 Reviews

The Mad Duck

Reaction score
I've never even heard of this boat before. It looks like a pretty well made boat, although a boat that breaks down is not something I'm sure I trust.

Cgriff

Reaction score
According to the folks at NRS this boat has ran some serious white water and has had no issues. This is the second version of the boat, been around for 8 or so years now. New version has been out about a year.

I'll let you know when I get home and hit the Green river and put through reds creek!

Cgriff

Reaction score
Finally got out on the river to test out the new gigBob. I was very impressed! Extremely stable and the low profile really helped in the wind. Anchor system performed great and the boat anchored great. Seat is ok, but not the most comfortable thing ever. My only grip is that the heels of your feet I always in the water with the way the built in foot braces are setup, not that big of deal but was really the only thing I didn't like. Slides in out of the truck easy and was a breeze the load by myself. I choose to upgrade the oars to the cataract oars which I really liked!

All and all very happy with the purchase!

68944570_10215198248736131_916093863989346304_o.jpg69338431_10215198249056139_8635830917467734016_o.jpg

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Your going to enjoy some great fly fishing out of that pontoon. I'm glad you opted for the upgraded oars, they make a great addition.

myt1

Reaction score
NRS makes really good stuff.

If my $300 Costco pontoon boat ever fails me...it worked flawlessly on the South Fork of the Flathead...I will give the GigBob serious thought.

Thanks for posting.

JoJer

Reaction score
It looks like the anchor is mounted where a motor would go. Is this an "either or" situation?

Cgriff

Reaction score
The rear plate is pre-drilled to work with a scooty mount on the back, but you could modify it to do both I'd imagine. I haven't looked into a motor mount personally.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Chris

What size of an anchor are you using?
I just ordered a Scotty anchor mount for my NFO pontoon and have been wondering on what size of anchor to get.

Messier13

Reaction score
How do you tie-down your fly rod when rowing through shoals? I recently purchased a GigBob and am trying to determine which additional modifications are most necessary.