Green River, Utah Float

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Larry-let me know when you plan that trip (IF you’d like company), I wouldn’t mind trying that section in my pontoon if the timing worked out.

Jigsup, as Larry said the C section should be doable in a pontoon...the other 2 sections are a different story! (I’ve read some people do them in one-man craft but you won’t count me among them. Lol)
Will do! A few years ago I floated the B Section in my Hog Island drift boat with my son. We had pulled over for a lunch stop when a couple floated by us in pontoon boats. They actually had three pontoons, the guy was pulling the third boat loaded with camping gear. I asked them if they planned on portaging around Red Creek rapid (its a Class II rapid) and they said heck no, that's the most fun of the whole float. LOL!

k_e_v

Reaction score
Farmington, ill. -Stop by for a cold beer on your
Will do! A few years ago I floated the B Section in my Hog Island drift boat with my son. We had pulled over for a lunch stop when a couple floated by us in pontoon boats. They actually had three pontoons, the guy was pulling the third boat loaded with camping gear. I asked them if they planned on portaging around Red Creek rapid (its a Class II rapid) and they said heck no, that's the most fun of the whole float. LOL!
Larry, I too have seen several people run the Red Creek rapids in pontoons, it certainly is not on my bucket list of things to do;)