Greetings from Las Vegas, NV.

Kevra83

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Hope I get to learn a lot from you guys. I got into fly fishing a couple years ago. I haven’t touched a conventional spinning rod since I switched. I fish a lot at Willow Beach, Colorado River for bows and cutthroats. I spend a lot of time fishing in southern Utah once or twice a month. I just got into fly tying last week. Tied my first fly / crystal bugger last week. I bit the bullet and went all out buying a Dyna king vise. I haven’t watched much of Netflix and Amazon because I’m having so much fun tying. Amazing how easy and how much money you can spend buying material once you get into it. Hehe… Hope I get a chance to bump into some of you guys.

Thank you!

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Hope I get to learn a lot from you guys. I got into fly fishing a couple years ago. I haven’t touched a conventional spinning rod since I switched. I fish a lot at Willow Beach, Colorado River for bows and cutthroats. I spend a lot of time fishing in southern Utah once or twice a month. I just got into fly tying last week. Tied my first fly / crystal bugger last week. I bit the bullet and went all out buying a Dyna king vise. I haven’t watched much of Netflix and Amazon because I’m having so much fun tying. Amazing how easy and how much money you can spend buying material once you get into it. Hehe… Hope I get a chance to bump into some of you guys.

Thank you!
Welcome to the site. Seems like a lot of money but the return on investment is worth it. Wait until you get bit by the rod building bug. More money with a worthy return.

Kevra83

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Seems like a lot of money but the return on investment is worth it. Wait until you get bit by the rod building bug. More money with a worthy return.
Thank you. Like building blanks up or buying high end rod and reels? Crazy on my part I jumped right into a Helios 3D white 9 ft, 6wt with a Mirage III. Don’t ask me why… Probably went a little over my head for a new fly fisherman.

COTater

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!!! Its a great forum, many people on here with some serious knowledge. Great people as well. I tie as well and its a great thing.

And as Hayden, Creek mentioned - The rod building bug. I am doing one as soon as my kit gets here. I can see the addiction coming real quick.

JoJer

Reaction score
Welcome! As to the expense of tying materials, check out your local Hobby lobby/fabric/sewing stores.

WWKimba

Reaction score
Welcome to the site! I have been tying for 50 years now and hosting swaps for 10+. You'll find that thios site is full of some fine and experienced tyers/fishers, teachers and just overall fine people! I hope that we cross paths here sometime.

Kim