Greetings from New England

babettesfeast

Reaction score
Hello all!

My husband and I are about to take a beginning fly fishing course and we are so excited! We are an empty nest couple who have wanted to learn this art/sport for years.

For now, most of my questions will be about gear and places to fish in New England. As we move along, I'll be more interested in technique, etc.

Happy to have found this site!

tacovan

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! This is such a great place to pick up the advice you're looking for. I always think it's cool when couples fish together- you guys are gonna have a blast! What course are you taking? Orvis?

dennyk

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your fly casting pictures. There are a lot of helpful members on this site and you will get good advice for your questions.

Denny

WWKimba

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I'm a born and bred central NYer and have been tying for 50 years. Among other things I host fly swaps on this site. I love working with youth as well as newer tyers. Had the pleasure of running across some fine tyers in my day and have stolen..er, I mean LEARNED from everyone of them! :) You'll find that this site is loaded with some fine and experienced tyers/fishers, teachers and all around fine folk!

Hope we cross paths and until them I wish you and your husband tight lines!

Kim

Last edited: