Greta Van Fleet

stenacron

Reaction score
OK, going solely on first impression here… First time I heard this song I thought, “I can’t believe that there is a Led Zeppelin song floating around in the archives somewhere that I haven’t heard.”

Later started seeing/hearing rumblings about Greta Van Fleet? OK, never heard of her. Then it dawned on me recently (after hearing the song a couple more times) that this was not a 40-plus year old recording, but in fact a fresh act called Greta Van Fleet (Michigan-based I believe).

Long-story-short, I like the song… but can’t figure out if it’s just because I like Led Zeppelin and these guys are the biggest Zeppelin rip-off since Kingdom Come (at least they had an excuse w/ Jason Bonham drumming), or perhaps they do have something going on. I was just about to check out more of their tunes so will settle this in my own head shortly… curious what other music lovers are thinking.

MarsB

Reaction score
They truly are Led Zep reincarnate, complete with the Robert Plant-esque vocal wails. Been hearing a lot of them lately, really digging them! Looks like they are coming to SLC in September, might have to check them out.

kentuckysteve

Reaction score
Never heard of them till you posted this.Thanks.I will have to look up some more of their vids. The lead guitarist definitely has the zeppelin sound going on.I like them.
Grew up listening to zeppelin and glad someone is bringing their sound back.