Gudeline Anyone?

Ard

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm considering trying out a Guideline LPXe model rod 13 foot length. Not quite sure on line weight yet but either 7/8 or 8/9 because I need big fly capability from any rod. I was wondering if anyone has and is using any of their rods?

fishing hobo

Reaction score
Never tried their DH lpxe rod Ard. I love the lpxe SH rod. I have #5 (previous model) and #6 (current) and they are fantastic rods if you like fast actioned rods. Cork is not top quality though but it is reflected in the price. Some have moaned about their warranty when model is discontinued (I have bought a spare tip just in case but I have never broken a rod whilst fishing).

fishing hobo

Reaction score
Thanks for that, I'm probably gonna order one before the day is out.
You might just want to post up on the uk site before you order. You are more likely to get a response from the uk bunch.

Ard

Administrator
Reaction score
Already done, I'm the admin guy on the Salmon Fishing Forum which is another Fish & Fly LTD website and the feedback was overwhelming. I've already been on the phone with the company because I have an international calling account and the deal is done :)

Thank you for your replies,

Ard

fishing hobo

Reaction score
Let us know your thoughts Ard. I have their lxi but only cast it once and I am crao with DH so cannot comment.

Ard

Administrator
Reaction score
Will do buddy,

Here's where things stand, the rod is shipped and I already have a new Hardy MTX 7000 for it color coordinated no less :D This whole outfit without line will weigh right around 12 ounces. Add on a 550 Super Scandi at 1.257 ounce and it will be the lightest 2 hand outfit I have ever used, I'm pretty excited for the arrival.

dr d

Reaction score
hi ard,

i think you did right with 13f #8/9 lpxe - maybe the scandi will work better with 500-510 grain.

i had some lpxe (f.e.14f) in the past and they were scandi-state-of-art.

unfortuanetly i read your thread to late>>>their is a guideline shop in quebec.

have a lot of fun in " spey under ground " :fishing:and stay healthy.

thomas

Reactions: Ard

Ard

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello Thomas,

By the time I found this post I've had a 550 grain line made up for the rod. I use the 550 on a Sage X #8 rod and a Sage One #8 rod so I thought that unless the Guideline is really soft a 550 should feel OK. If not I can get another line.

Thank you for your reply Thomas

Lewis Chessman

Reaction score
I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the rod, Ard - I've only read and heard good things about the LPXe range.
My boss has a 12' 9'' LXi #7/8 which he loves dearly and which I'm hoping to get a cast with some time post-lockdown.
Cheers,
James.

Reactions: Ard

Ard

Administrator
Reaction score
Rod arriver June 1st (today) and I picked it up and hurried home. If it works like it looks we're going to get along great. I snapped a bunch of images and will take it casting tomorrow then post up thoughts and images. I'm ready to go now, I've been put off by high water and low abundance of fish but now I have a new rod and all that will turn around ;)

The rod to reel (Hardy MTX 7000) matchup seems about as close to perfect as I'll get for now, super light weight combination this one!