Guns-n- Roses World Tour

Acheron

Reaction score
I saw Megadeth is on tour as well, all tickets were >$150 and they don't even have the upper bowl open. A far cry from the overflowing stadiums of the late 80s and even early 90s.

There was a lot of individual talent in so many of those bands.

stenacron

Reaction score
I saw Megadeth is on tour as well, all tickets were >$150 and they don't even have the upper bowl open. A far cry from the overflowing stadiums of the late 80s and even early 90s.

There was a lot of individual talent in so many of those bands.
I love all those bands, but yeah... pricing is a consideration for me given the state of vocal talent with guys in their 50s/60s.

Much like @Davitticus Maximus, we accidentally ended up at a Faster Pussycat show a couple weeks ago. We went to this local sports bar/venue to grab a burger and saw the posters on the way in. Two opening acts (one called Reloaded that turned out to be terrific) so $30,00 for three bands... I'm in! And Faster Pussycat turned out to be quite amazing. Simple hard rock... drums, bass, Les Paul's, vocals... just the way I like it. 🤘

jpakstis

Reaction score
I’m heading home from the show right now. All I can say is “holy c***”! What a show! The last concert I went to was U2’s 30th anniversary tour for Joshua Tree. They are my favorite band but there is just something about the energy that Guns N’ Roses brought tonight that just dominates. I didn’t want this show to end. Slash is just incredible and even though Axl can’t bring the vocal energy he used to, he can really bring the showmanship. I’m also a Duff McKagan fan (just like Adam Clayton) and I was glad he got a couple of moments in the spotlight.

Davitticus Maximus

Reaction score
I’m heading home from the show right now. All I can say is “holy c***”! What a show! The last concert I went to was U2’s 30th anniversary tour for Joshua Tree. They are my favorite band but there is just something about the energy that Guns N’ Roses brought tonight that just dominates. I didn’t want this show to end. Slash is just incredible and even though Axl can’t bring the vocal energy he used to, he can really bring the showmanship. I’m also a Duff McKagan fan (just like Adam Clayton) and I was glad he got a couple of moments in the spotlight.
I am glad that you enjoyed the show. I knew you would. (y)

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
I saw G&R in 92 when Metallica was there opening act.
Metallica was promoting their Black album, pretty much the biggest album of the time.
When G&R came on the crowd would not stop calling for Metallica.
A few songs in Axl was done and walked off stage. I agreed with Axl although Metallica is one of my favorite bands. I've seen them 14 times.
Axl came back awhile later and finished the show. Both bands were awesome but Metallica had the edge. Soon after that show they switched places and Metallica was the headliner.
I've seen Megadeath 3 times, once with Metallica. As you guys know they were band mates at one time. Megadeath crushed it. Symphony of Destruction has always been a favorite. Dave sure knows how to play that guitar. But, IMO Kirk is a step above. His solo on All nightmare long is blistering fast and spot on.

What neither one have but Slash does it that bluesy soul. With Izzy their work on Night Train is hard to beat.

Last edited: