Hampton Beach, New Hampshire area fly fishing

jmh8098

Reaction score
Anybody have any suggestions as to any fly fishing opportunities that exist in this area. I know it is the.coast and I should be more interested in fishing the salt water, but I have never had much luck , especially with a fly rod. I'm just looking for a piece of water where I have a shot at hooking a few trout. I am keeping an open mind however if someone is willing to give me some saltwater tips for this area with fly rod in hand. I have a decent 9wt. striper outfit that should get some use. Send me a PM or email me at [email protected] if you don't want to share your secret spot on an open forum.

Thanks,
Jason

Rip Tide

Reaction score
I know it is the.coast and I should be more interested in fishing the salt water,
Hi Jason, welcome to the site
:welcomean
There's a big estuary behind Hampton Beach that includes some nice flats. In my mind that's a much better alternative than driving hours to find decent trout fishing even if you don't have a lot of luck.
Here's a good write up of what you'll need to get started
http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/f.../173904-gear-fly-fishing-surf.html#post307082

DUBS

Reaction score
Anybody have any suggestions as to any fly fishing opportunities that exist in this area. I know it is the.coast and I should be more interested in fishing the salt water, but I have never had much luck , especially with a fly rod. I'm just looking for a piece of water where I have a shot at hooking a few trout. I am keeping an open mind however if someone is willing to give me some saltwater tips for this area with fly rod in hand. I have a decent 9wt. striper outfit that should get some use. Send me a PM or email me at [email protected] if you don't want to share your secret spot on an open forum.

Thanks,
Jason

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason,
Have you tried Hampton Harbor yet? I’ve caught many stripers there on a regular rod. I’m going out there this weekend to try out my fly rod. I’m new to fly fishing and not that great at it so wish me luck.