Hardy made SA System 11

eastfly66

Reaction score
Here we have a Hardy made Scientific Angler System 11 from the 1970's in very good condition. You can see it is autographed by Lefty Kreh. I do not have papers verifying the signature but I can assure you I didnt sign it. A friend aqquired these reels as part of a collection and has asked me to sell them and he has given the price of $225 for the reel and $75 for a spare spool plus $15 for shipping. We have 2 of these reels , this one is the double pawl and the other is with the tension band that I have replaced the band with a new one from the UK. The System 11 falls between the Marquis Salmon 1 & 2 models.lefty1.jpg

duker

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that I've got one of the double pawl models and have found it an excellent match for my 13' spey rods. As eastfly66 points out these are Marquis reels that Hardy (in England) made for SA. Bombproof, classic reels that sound so sweet with a fish on the line.

Hope someone picks these up.

Scott

eastfly66

Reaction score
Bump with price drop.

$200 per reel and $40 spare spool. Both reels are in very good to Excellent condition. I've reviewed past sales on the auction site and the condition of these is far better (i.e. no rim rash or pitting). The signature I'm sure is Lefty's but I don't have papers , besides the reel is worth it , the signature is just a nice add on. You pay the $15 for shipping. The model with the tension band comes with a spare (brand new) I got from Nacky in the UK. They ship in an Abel or other reel case.