Hardy Marquis #6

Ard

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think Paul will mind if I say, a WF six weight will fit and you can fill backing out until it becomes visible through the second row of perforations on the spool. For a really full spool back it out until you are halfway covering that row of holes.

For the Marquis #5 size with a WF 5 you can completely cover the second row of perforations and the line will fill them out perfectly.

Basically all of the Marquis series and the Lightweight series reels will work this same way. With a 7 weight WF on a Marquis #7 back it out over the second row of holes. Even the big 9/10 and Salmon sizes work the same way.

In light weights I have a harder time explaining line size to reel size because the Lightweight reels all have names not numbers. Good rule of thumb is compare diameter of a Princess or St. Aidan to a similar size Marquis to determine line weights. Or search up a Hardy owner guide to the Lightweight series reels and you will find line recommendations there.

:)

k_e_v

Reaction score
Farmington, ill. -Stop by for a cold beer on your

Ard

Administrator
Reaction score
I know we've kicked the balance topic down the road many a time but that picture demonstrates exactly what I consider perfect! Right at the end of cork with line threaded through the guides, perfect for me :)

k_e_v

Reaction score
Farmington, ill. -Stop by for a cold beer on your
Well Paul, I cant have a guy send me a pm at 330am and a pic with him standing in his yard at 5 am in the winter showing me the potential rod/reel balance if I buy his reel and not buy the darn reel:p
Mark that sucker sold!!!!!!

You have the address and I have yours;). Thanks again

eastfly66

Reaction score
Well Paul, I cant have a guy send me a pm at 330am and a pic with him standing in his yard at 5 am in the winter showing me the potential rod/reel balance if I buy his reel and not buy the darn reel:p
Mark that sucker sold!!!!!!

You have the address and I have yours;). Thanks again
I'll have it in the mail for you tomorrow morning Kevin , I kind of thought you might like that so I already picked you the nicest one.

BTW - if you do the backing just as Ard said above it works out perfectly.

eastfly66

Reaction score
I now have 1 remaining Marquis #6 looking for a home and a friend to go fishing with ....

eastfly66

Reaction score
Thank You to all that purchased a reel ! At this time , I do not have any additional Marquis #6 available but still have inventory to sort.