Hardy St John made in England SOLD!

burk48237

Reaction score
For sale is my 80's Hardy St John. This was made in England and I bought it unused in the box in the mid 90's. It has seen some service 4-5 trips and has become my back up reel for Steelhead. It probably doesn't have 40 hours fishing time on it. Has a bit of rim rash mostly on the frame side but is in otherwise very good condition. It comes with original case (pictured) and box!. It comes loaded with a Cortland Short Spey WF7 (integrated Skagit and 30 lb backing) I am offering it for $350 shipped to continental US, Might be able to ship to AK for an adddtional cost.

Last edited:

duker

Reaction score
I surely don't need another reel, but wanted to offer a historical note to anyone considering buying this one: Roderick Haig-Brown* recommended the St. John as one of the best all-around reels for steelhead and salmon and fished one throughout his life. I think his is on display at the museum in Campbell River, BC.

*Noted Canadian angler and writer, author of "The Western Angler", "The River Never Sleeps", and the Fisherman's Seasons series.