Heads up on a book

Upstate08

Reaction score
Coggins has been doing the podcast tour. I've listened to interviews with him on the Orvis podcast and with Dave on the WetFlySwing. It's trickier to read a book while driving to work but this sounds like a good read, for sure.

jayr

Reaction score
Coggins has been doing the podcast tour. I've listened to interviews with him on the Orvis podcast and with Dave on the WetFlySwing. It's trickier to read a book while driving to work but this sounds like a good read, for sure.
They do have the audio book version on Amazon, FWIW.

stilly

Reaction score
I highly recommend this book. I'm a big fan of Ted Leeson, Thomas McGuane, Jim Harrison, etc.....this work by David Coggins is written in a similar vein and style. One of my favorites already!

jayr

Reaction score
I highly recommend this book. I'm a big fan of Ted Leeson, Thomas McGuane, Jim Harrison, etc.....this work by David Coggins is written in a similar vein and style. One of my favorites already!
Thanks for the info on other authors!

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
I thought it was a good book but nowhere near the other authors you mention.

stilly

Reaction score
Maybe so, but his style of writing puts me in mind of the mentioned authors. Just suggesting that if someone enjoy their work then they would probably enjoy this book.

jk1300

Reaction score
Me too. any author who gets mentioned with "Ted Leeson, Thomas McGuane, Jim Harrison " is worth a look. And i will need something to read asap if Braves do not pitch better than last night.
Braves looked better last night (not easy to type that as a Mets fan...)

SlimJim97

Reaction score
I put this book on "hold" at the local library as soon as I saw this thread started back in October since the local branch did not have a copy. It just came in a couple of days ago and I have to say this is absolutely the BEST "what fly-fishing means to me....." book I've encountered so far!!