healthy tenkara discussion

txwildcat

Reaction score
after a web search, it seems like all the tenkara discussion forums are dead. this one is good but not real active. any leads on a lively place to talk tenkara or fixed line fly fishing?

Reactions: LOC

pcolapaddler

Reaction score
Yeah...I haven't seen much traffic here lately. I've posted a few things, but seemed that I was speaking into the ether.

There is a Reddit for Tenkara, and I think that the Tenkara USA forum may have some activity. North American Fly fishing forum has a Tenkara section.

Other than that, I don't know of much unless there is something in Facebook - which I avoid normally.

Sent by typing one handed on a handheld tracking device while holding a Tenkara or other rod in the other.

dpnoll48

Reaction score
I think most people have switched over to FB which leaves me out. 10 Colors is probably the most active forum out there.

txwildcat

Reaction score
i dont have facebook. dont really want to join but it would be nice to follow groups like this and others.

Acheron

Reaction score
The problem is, when you don't have a reel it leaves one hand available, which we know what they say about idle hands, right?! Well the free hand can now hold a donut, which, as you might imagine, leads us into quite a few unhealthy conversations. Plus, raises important questions like, if you rub donut glaze on a dry fly will it still float? And is that now considered bait?

Ok, enough...I have to add something relevant here...

I don't have facebook either.

I believe this sub forum is not too old and is still getting going. The more you post, the more active it will become. Like, they built it, now people need to come!

pcolapaddler

Reaction score
Kayak paddle in one hand, Tenkara rod in the other. Switch hands as needed.

Sent by typing one handed on a handheld tracking device while holding a Tenkara or other rod in the other.

txwildcat

Reaction score
i joined 10 colors tenkara but cant figure out how to start a new topic. i only see a button to reply to existing topics. is that a membership level thing or am I blind and overlooking the correct button?

sasquatch7

Reaction score
Tenkara sucks . I've had two rods for 4 years now and haven't caught one fish . I should probably put line on them ??