Help Me Pick a 10 Wt Reel

hatidua

Reaction score
I found this thread late and while I've owned Tibor/Abel/Charlton/Ross/Galvan/Seamaster/Islander/Hatch/etc/etc., It looks like the choice has been made so I'll sit over here with my mouth shut and hope you are happy with your choice :)

camelbrass

Reaction score
Good choice Ed. The SR10 is a great reel. I've seen it in action on big fish and it does what it says on the tin.

They've now released them in a choice of colours other than black and silver.

Trevor

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

WNCtroutstalker

Reaction score
Thanks Trevor. So glad you approve. Shilton's slogan is pretty good I think. I wasn't aware of the additional finish options. I think I would have gone for the silver/titanium regardless--to me it's "the" Shilton look, won't show any scratches as easily and looks great on the Exocett--but will need to investigate.

falcon53

Reaction score
WNC, Where did you buy the reel? I see that Flymen is a US distributor and Flymen is associated with quite a few fly shops around the country including one in NE Pennsylvania. I checked Shilton's website and don't see color options other than Black and Silver/Titanium .... I'm sure they would be interesting. However the silver/titanium reel looks awesome! Good luck with the reel.

camelbrass

Reaction score
They're doing quite a few colours now, all anodized and you can mix and match components. The gold is my favourite though

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk