How's the water north of Tahoe?

jpielock1992

Reaction score
Heading to Tahoe the last week of July, looking to do some fishing north of there. Any thoughts or facts? Cheers,Chet

Bigfly

Reaction score
Chet....
My thoughts are to predict people will not take fishing trips in July in the future, if they want to fish.
The tribs are done, the river is too hot, except for a few hours in the AM. And the next place north that has water is Oregon. And they have water closures too......
At least you didn't just drive up to see........I always say....fish on the fishes schedule for best results.

Jim

Last edited:

tcorfey

Reaction score
As Jim said not lots of options in July. Stick to higher elevations, fish deep lakes rather than streams or rivers. Bring some kind of small boat, pontoon or float tube be prepared to carry it if needed. North of Tahoe I think Gold Lakes region would still have cold water. In Tahoe proper probably the Echo Lakes or maybe Caples.

jpielock1992

Reaction score
As Jim said not lots of options in July. Stick to higher elevations, fish deep lakes rather than streams or rivers. Bring some kind of small boat, pontoon or float tube be prepared to carry it if needed. North of Tahoe I think Gold Lakes region would still have cold water. In Tahoe proper probably the Echo Lakes or maybe Caples.
thanks boys

Bigfly

Reaction score
Watching the USGS flow report for a piece of water is mandatory....year-round.
Think of it as a baby step to getting game. Watch the historic graph.....

Jim