I Got Out and I Tried

bonefish41

Reaction score
Fished east of 37 on the Pere Marquette Sunday and Monday and Baldwin River and Little Man Grade Camp to Indian Bridge...one fish small early Steel 16-18 inches...no pic because I buried the phone inside wadder pocket. The picture was the King Redd where the previous day I got the steel down about 4 feet and on the bank edge but it was swinging with one of the salmon flies I was taking to my cancelled Scotland ...a tube Sunray Shadow with some flash.
The Kings were there in quantity on the PM and west of 37 the river needed an air traffic controller...driving around to see the crowd...reminded me of the dam area on the Manistee including bank and bridge snaggers. But where I fished it was peaceful and nobody but me...good to get out....my targets were early steel and browns.
I did appreciate my aged condition...even in low water conditions with a wadding staff I cannot conduct a good flyfishing situation...so it's the boat from now on...the good I got out and I significantly improved my spey method casting albeit with my 10' CTS...the bad my casting improvement caused me to cast to the bank and not short as before and then trying to retrieve my fly stumbling about blowing the fish out down river so just break them off and run out of the "right" flies ...
Alone on the stream is equal to alone on the flat...KingRedd.jpg

proheli

Reaction score
Well done. Any exercise is good exercise and it sounds like you had an interesting and good time.