i live in california,, how do you wade in ' gator ' country?

karstopo

Reaction score
My spot, my super secret redfish spot, evidently has a gator in it. How do I know this? My super good buddy that I shared my super sercret spot told me so. ~5-6’ gator, which is no big deal. Saltwater as heck though, this place, so that’s interesting. This spot, my buddy and I both agree, if your life absolutely depended on it and you must catch a number of redfish of the slot variety, being 20-28” here in Texas, this is where you’d go.

This is advanced fishing. Very dangerous because of the copious razor sharp shell and relative lack of water depth. We both agree that it would be very hazardous for anyone that’s a newbie or such. Now, there’s a gator, but, really the shell is far more a real hazard. Very tough to get a fish to hand here, too, because of the shell. Have to know what’s going on and where exactly one is. We won’t take people we care about, not for fear of divulging any secret, just because we don‘t wish to have any literal blood on our hands. Gators, why worry about trivialities like that when a death trap of shell awaits?

alfaromeo

Reaction score
My spot, my super secret redfish spot, evidently has a gator in it. How do I know this? My super good buddy that I shared my super sercret spot told me so. ~5-6’ gator, which is no big deal. Saltwater as heck though, this place, so that’s interesting. This spot, my buddy and I both agree, if your life absolutely depended on it and you must catch a number of redfish of the slot variety, being 20-28” here in Texas, this is where you’d go.

This is advanced fishing. Very dangerous because of the copious razor sharp shell and relative lack of water depth. We both agree that it would be very hazardous for anyone that’s a newbie or such. Now, there’s a gator, but, really the shell is far more a real hazard. Very tough to get a fish to hand here, too, because of the shell. Have to know what’s going on and where exactly one is. We won’t take people we care about, not for fear of divulging any secret, just because we don‘t wish to have any literal blood on our hands. Gators, why worry about trivialities like that when a death trap of shell awaits?
..you can keep your secret...i will never ask about it

Lamarsh

Reaction score
I thought there were only crocs in Cali.... which only makes your situation more concerning. I wouldn't wade near where I would expect a croc to be, I'm just not good enough casting with one hand to risk it.

Aluminumchef

Reaction score
My solution to it is really quite simple. I stick to NE Georgia! When I was in Charleston SC and savannah ga, the only place I waded was the beach.

If you're gonna go in the salty inlets or marshes, don't. Between the mud and oyster beds you'll have a bad day. Freshwater that way? Nope. I was always more concerned with the moccasins than the gators as they are notorious for being spiteful and malicious As$%*1es!