Inexpensive waterproof point-n-shoot

desmobob

Reaction score
Re the Finepix XP-130....what's the close up image quality like? I think this is as important as a UV filter.Thanks in advance.
Here's an unedited close-up of some lichens and moss on a birch tree in my back yard. It was taken as a "Medium" size in "Fine" quality setting and had to be greatly resized to allow for posting here, so it lost some sharpness. It was a flat, gray morning.

I forgot to put something in for scale but the photo was taken at a distance of approximately 7-8".

Still, it seems plenty good for a cheap camera...
DSCF0067.JPG

Last edited:

cpiercem

Reaction score
I knew I shouldn't look at this thread! Now I have the "I wants" bad.

I have a Fuji Finepix XP10 12MP. I bought the camera in 2010 so it is 10 years old now and still taking good pictures. It is waterproof and shockproof.

I have dropped it, fallen in the water and on rocks with it, submerged it repeatedly, and had it fall out of my pocket on to the rocks, into the stream, and frequently both. All of that is when I thought I was being careful with it. :eek: I can attest that they are tough little buggers, and still take good pictures.

My husband thinks that I should just take my phone to take pictures with. :D It would never survive!

So far the only wear and tear the camera has sustained is that the markings have rubbed off of the rubber button cover. Also the rubber button cover on the back came loose on one side this last year. I glued it back down, but now I am not sure if the camera is fully waterproof anymore. It has gotten a quick dip or two since then with no harm, but I don't take any underwater pictures with it anymore, and hopefully I won't accidentally swim with it. :p

The only problem I have always had is that without reading glasses I can't see the back well enough to see what I am taking. So I end up with a good number of half framed pictures, but that is NOT the camera's fault.

You will enjoy your Fuji camera, and it will keep on going strong for you!

Last edited: