is this a sale forum or discussion??

txwildcat

Reaction score
in the fly tying section under the classifieds, i can post, in the other's i can't. i also see a lot of discussion that is not for sale related. so are the sections under classifieds for more discussion than buy, sell, trade?

trev

Reaction score
Good question, it is supposed to be for sale trade or wanted classifieds according to the heading and sub-forum etc. But as you say many threads there ask for information and become discussions.
I'm surprised you were able to start a thread here with less than the 50 posts that are supposed to be required, but oh well.
In reality if a thread is new or gets a bump it shows up in the "What's New" heading and folks (including myself) reply without looking at the sub-forum heading. And many threads are started in places other than where they maybe should be. Some get moved to a better forum by mods and some don't.
Are you wanting buy or sell?
and does "in the other's i can't. " mean that you can't post in the general discussion sections?

jayr

Reaction score
Good question, it is supposed to be for sale trade or wanted classifieds according to the heading and sub-forum etc. But as you say many threads there ask for information and become discussions.
I'm surprised you were able to start a thread here with less than the 50 posts that are supposed to be required, but oh well.
In reality if a thread is new or gets a bump it shows up in the "What's New" heading and folks (including myself) reply without looking at the sub-forum heading. And many threads are started in places other than where they maybe should be. Some get moved to a better forum by mods and some don't.
Are you wanting buy or sell?
and does "in the other's i can't. " mean that you can't post in the general discussion sections?
Actually you can place a for sale ad with less than 50 posts, its not until a mod comes along after they see it or someone reports it to them that it is removed. Happens quite often actually.

trev

Reaction score
Actually you can place a for sale ad with less than 50 posts, its not until a mod comes along after they see it or someone reports it to them that it is removed. Happens quite often actually.
Hmm, I don't look at the want ads usually, but thought they had an auto disconnect like the PM function. Actually I rarely look at any of the many many sub-forums, "what's new" is where it's at.

txwildcat

Reaction score
i dont want to post a for sale ad. I'm in buying mode right now. in the other for sale forums there is no "start new thread" button. this is the only one that has that button.. i was just asking out of curiosity.

jayr

Reaction score
Hmm, I don't look at the want ads usually, but thought they had an auto disconnect like the PM function. Actually I rarely look at any of the many many sub-forums, "what's new" is where it's at.
There is no auto disconnect. That is one reason there is a note posted in the classifieds stating you need 50 posts to sell. Every now and then some still post with less than 50 and that is why Ard on occasion has to post the rules on the board.

Ard

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The sub is supposed to be part of the classified forums, I guess I should check to see why it's open to new member posting.