it is sandy on the beach

fatbillybob

Reaction score
It is sandy on the beach. While surf fishing Is there anyway to keep the sand from working its way into your wading boots? I want to fish my wading pants with boots. The sand works its way in and is very uncomfortable when I'm walking hunting for fish. My Bootfit waders are the best but I want to wear pants. I have not found any bootfit wader pants. My wader pants have good gaiters on them but not good enough. Any ideas? What about a second gaiter over the built in gaiter?

LOC

Reaction score
Are you able to wet wade?
99% of the guys who are really into sight fishing simply wet wade. It makes it easy and comfortable for a sight fishing session. Plus you don’t want to be standing in the water most of the time.

It’s pretty unanimous to wear shorts but there is three different main trends for the feet.

A lot of folks go barefoot and that’s the traditional route. You can wear your flip flops to the water and then clip them to their waist when you fish.

The second group which I am a member wear flip flops.

The third group wear a surf sandal the Keen water sandal is popular.

I encourage you to keep it simple and wet wade if possible. A opition if you do need your legs covered up is to wear quick dry hiking pants and your choice of the above options.

Rip Tide

Reaction score
I've duct taped my gaiters when fishing the surf and still had the sand infiltrate my boots.
...., There is no substitute for bootfoot waders.

Reactions: Ard

hatidua

Reaction score
I've gone barefoot down to water temps in the mid 40's. As to sand infiltrating wading shoes: it's gonna happen due to the drain holes most manufacturers put in there.

fatbillybob

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. Your replys lead me to gaitered neoprene socks and the Simms Salt boot to wet wade And climb over rocks when it gets warm in summer. My reason for wanting breathable bootfit wader pants is that I live really close to the beach so I’m fishing for short periods of time about every other day. Boot fit wader or wader pants make for literally 10 second hose off of gear to freshwater clean leaving me dry and ready to go on with my day. If I’m wet and soggy there is just more to clean up and more time needed to clean up.