Jackson Hole Wyoming trip July 4th through 11th Looking for guidance and info

KSflyfisherman

Reaction score
I have 2 other guys with me the girls will be shopping and doing whatever on the 9th, the day we have been allotted to fish.. yeah i know. Out of the other 2 1 has some experience and the other none but will get him out with some gear to help him practice with casting. I am probably not the best caster but can hold my own i would say.

I guess it all comes down to getting gear and wading on our own or hiring a guide service which we are leaning toward. problem seems that most only do 2 fisherman. I dont know if i can ride to a spot where i can wade and fish and let them take the boat. Totally out of the box thinking here. Looked at alot of outfitters/guides and would like some input on the best idea for this group which may be difficult to come up with but I would appreciate the input and ideas.

Thanks

KS Fly fisherman

fly25

Reaction score
With only one day, no gear and a group with limited experience I'd suggest going with an outfitter. Even if you take 2 boats. There's plenty of outfitters in town including Orvis. Do some research on them and read the reviews.

Pics from the Snake where I fished last September

Last edited:

ryc72

Reaction score
Jackson Hole Fly Fishing - Snake River | Grand Fishing Adventures

they have access to a private spring creek not far from jackson that has AWESOME fishing and the tetons as a backdrop. my wife and i fished a half day a couple of augusts ago and we each caught a bunch of surprisingly large cut throat. given the experience of the anglers, id suggest two guides to do it with one guide solely for the beginner...that would probably make it a much better day for everyone involved. should be more than enuff water for 3 anglers for the day. since we were only fishing for half a day we skipped over tons of great looking water.

KSflyfisherman

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I do have some time to get my rookie up to speed there is a local Flatland Fly Fishermen group in the area where i live so there is some time to get him up to speed. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos. excited to get there. I have Mostly fished in Missouri and Arkansas.

I have been looking at the wandering angler website seems has a lot of good reviews. Plus he can get 3 in a boat, Let me ask if you had one choice would it be the snake river or the green river. sorry maybe an uneducated question due to my lack of knowledge of the area.

Last edited:

KSflyfisherman

Reaction score
occasionally get a snagged in a tree so i thought iwould take advantage of the over head viewthumbnail (4).jpg

drr324

Reaction score
Not to high jack your thread, but I will be there the following week myself. Visiting friends and more of a travelling vacation with occasional stops on the way back to their place in Blackfoot, ID. Wondering if most of the rivers, creeks, etc are better suited for nymphing or a standard wet/dry fly set up? I really want to only bring one setup as my fishing time will be quick roadside stuff.

Hopefully a few more guys reply and give us both a bit more insight to the area!