Kalispell, MT - Wade Fly Fishing

camlloyd

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am going to Kalispell the last week of June with my wife and six-month-old. I'm going to do a guided trip but think I will only be able to convince the wife to let me do a half-day trip. Any guide recommendations? I am staying on the Flathead River near the lake but am unsure if fishing from this location will be possible from land with how close it is to the lake. Any recommendations on fishing areas near where I'm staying without a boat would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the location of my AirBnB:
1642091522794.png

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am going to Kalispell the last week of June with my wife and six-month-old. I'm going to do a guided trip but think I will only be able to convince the wife to let me do a half-day trip. Any guide recommendations? I am staying on the Flathead River near the lake but am unsure if fishing from this location will be possible from land with how close it is to the lake. Any recommendations on fishing areas near where I'm staying without a boat would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the location of my AirBnB:
View attachment 46150

Thanks!
I’m not familiar with the area but your guide should be able to give you a tip or two on somewhere to wade. Explain to your wife that the cost of a half-day is so close to a full day that it only makes sense to do a full day. If time is an issue just tell the guide what time you need to be off the river. He/she will probably be happy to accommodate.