KISS Swap - Registration closed

WWKimba

Reaction score
"and party every day!" - Kiss, 2008. This swap is for fly patterns inspired by the songs of the band Kiss....ER, WAIT...just kidding!

This is not a Kiss Swap! It's a KISS Swap - Keep It Simple, Stupid Swap. The patterns that are great for this swap are the fly box fillers, the 2X2's (2 materials or less and 2 minutes or less to tie), the guide patterns - quick to tie and deadly on the water, etc... It's the fishing season and no one wants to spend a lot of time behind the vise. Let's share our favorite quick to tie fish-catching fresh water patterns with one another.

There will be 12 openings in this swap and the last date to register for this swap is May 31st and the flies are due to me by June 30th. Do not forget your toe tags, SASE, and swap boxes with at least your screen name on it. If you are new to swaps and/or new to tying please let me know so that I may provide any assistance you need to make this a fun, learning and successful experience. I am retired and do check this site at least once a day and I firmly believe that the only dumb question is the unasked one! This is my second swap on this site BUT I have been participating and hosting swaps for 10+ years now so I do know what I'm doing. If we have less than 6 people people register by May 31st I will make a decision then to either extend the registration date or cancel the swap I will keep all in the swap in the conversation loop.

Feel free to check out my past swap here (the Ladies Night Swap) for more info an an old picture of the ugly guy hosting this swap! I look forward to working with you and I thank you for considering this swap.

Kim

1- flukefly -SMP
2- WadeK in to Deep - Cutter's Caddis variation
3- Johan851 - Deer Hair Sedge
4- JoJer - Adult Damsel - received
5- ottosmagic13 - Squirmy Worm
6- stenacron - Nestor's Pheasant Tail
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-

Last edited:

WWKimba

Reaction score
Got 3 tyers - need 6 minimum! Two weeks left for registration!! This swap is for quick and easy patterns so it doesn't cut heavily into your fish/family/work time!!! Let's see if we can have some of the lookers become SWAPPERS.

I do send a gift of tying materials to all participants - now you can look at this as a BRIBE to get you to sign-up OR as a reward for participating in a fun swap! Either way try a swap out! It is fun!

Kim

BTW, I AM a selfless promoter!!

Ard

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So no one is interested in joining in? Come on people it's a chance to sharpen tying skills and sample flies from far away members.

WWKimba

Reaction score
Sorry JoJer! I thought that I already got you in! Well, I just joined a "Let's Get Stoned Swap" on another site. I told them that I was a child of the '60's so maybe that might clue you in on a reason (or two!) of my screw-up! You are in now my friend! 🙄

Kim

BTW, you can thank flukefly for kicking me under the table on this!

Reactions: Ard

stenacron

Reaction score
I will join in... put me down for Nestor's Pheasant Tail (aka "the only nymph you will ever need").

Also, a huge KISS fan... anything from the Alive through Love Gun albums is OK with me! 🤘

WWKimba

Reaction score
Got our MINIMUM of 6! Thanks to ottosmagic23 and stenacron for rounding us up to 6. NOW, let's work to fill the last 6 openings and make this a very nice swap. Thanks to all of you!

Kim

WWKimba

Reaction score
Well JoJer wins the prize of having his flies arrive first! Six lovely damsels PLUS a damsel in distress for the Swapmeister himself! Thank you very much!

Kim

BTW, on another site I'm on there's a guy who is ALWAYS first with his flies coming in! There's a rumor that once the host got the guys flies 2 days BEFORE the swap was even announced!! Of course it's only a rumor! ;)