Korkers Terror Ridge Boots?

ts47

Reaction score
Has anyone tried these boots? I already own some Korkers soles including their TRIPLE THREAT™ ALUMINUM HEX DISC SOLE. I'm considering replacing an old and rather heavy pair of Orvis boots with these. I'm hoping to find something that is lighter, more comfortable to wear and with good ankle support.

Edit: I did search the forum for the boot name first and didn't find anything. If I missed a thread, please let me know.

Last edited:

timd

Reaction score
Just bought a pair and will be trying them out Wednesday on a spring creek here in Montana. I like Korkers a lot and these caught my eye.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

ts47

Reaction score
Just bought a pair and will be trying them out Wednesday on a spring creek here in Montana. I like Korkers a lot and these caught my eye.

Would you let me know how you like them? I haven't found anyone near me that sells them yet. I will be replacing my primary pair of boots with these if I buy them. A good portion of the wading I do is in faster rivers with lots of slippery rocks. I have the hex disk soles that should work well. The boots will need some ankle support, and hopefully be reasonably comfortable.

timd

Reaction score
Out this AM for a while on the spring creek with the boots. I where an 11.5 shoe and the boots are size 13. Great fit even for my skinny feet. After wet snugged down nicely. I’m wearing Simms G3’s with medium socks.Would be fine with heavy socks also. Feel lighter than my last pair of Korkers and the strap across the instep is great. For me a keeper. Hope this helps.

ts47

Reaction score
Out this AM for a while on the spring creek with the boots. I where an 11.5 shoe and the boots are size 13. Great fit even for my skinny feet. After wet snugged down nicely. I’m wearing Simms G3’s with medium socks.Would be fine with heavy socks also. Feel lighter than my last pair of Korkers and the strap across the instep is great. For me a keeper. Hope this helps.

Thanks timd! I appreciate the extra feedback.

On sizing, I'm a wide 11 and usually buy a size 12 boot to fit a fairly thick wool sock and Orvis waders. I read somewhere that the Terror Ridge boots were built a bit smaller than past Korkers. If you have any thoughts about sizing before I mail order them please let me know. In the end, I'll likely just need to try them to see how they fit.

Ard

Administrator
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with the actual boot Todd but I can't help thinking about these names companies are hanging on products. The Terror Ridge boots sound like they would be perfect for Bee Keepers who are battling the Asian Murder Hornets :)

ts47

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with the actual boot Todd but I can't help thinking about these names companies are hanging on products. The Terror Ridge boots sound like they would be perfect for Bee Keepers who are battling the Asian Murder Hornets :)
That was good. Thanks for the laugh Ard!!!

Ard

Administrator
Reaction score
No problem,

It came to mind when I first spotted the thread days ago but I delayed saying it. I could be a virtual gold mine for fishing products naming, there's the Porkchop Hill Sling Pack, the Hell Week Duffle Bag taken from BUDS training, the Death March Wading Boot, and of course the Titanic Water Proof Boat Box, heck the possibilities are nearly limitless :)

ts47

Reaction score
You are not far from the truth with some of those names. It was the "Death March Wading Boot" that inspired me to start this thread. Perhaps I should have read the fine print before buying them. ;)

timd

Reaction score
I think the 12 is what would probably work for you. There is plenty of room for heavy socks for me and I don’t think you will have a problem with the width. Just order them from an outfit that will allow exchange after you try them indoors. Good luck and let me know how you make out. I use he Hex aluminum soles in some areas and they are great!

ts47

Reaction score
I think the 12 is what would probably work for you. There is plenty of room for heavy socks for me and I don’t think you will have a problem with the width. Just order them from an outfit that will allow exchange after you try them indoors. Good luck and let me know how you make out. I use he Hex aluminum soles in some areas and they are great!

Thanks again timd! And will do.

ts47

Reaction score

I just ordered them.