Lake Champlain, Vermont

Upstate08

Reaction score
Great shots Moucheur. I've got family in the New Haven/Lincoln/Bristol/Vergennes area and have been up to the top of Camels Hump several times. Living in Canada now makes it hard to get over the border to visit. It's now been a year since I've seen my folks. Nice to see a little slice of home, thanks for sharing.

moucheur2003

Reaction score
Great shots Moucheur. I've got family in the New Haven/Lincoln/Bristol/Vergennes area and have been up to the top of Camels Hump several times. Living in Canada now makes it hard to get over the border to visit. It's now been a year since I've seen my folks. Nice to see a little slice of home, thanks for sharing.
My wife is from Shelburne and we go there often. I haven't explored the New Haven River enough. The Dog Team pool was so convenient before the tavern burned down, but it's private now and overgrown with poison ivy, so I need to find some new spots. The next time you're back after the border opens again, if it's in fishing season, maybe we could meet up!

Upstate08

Reaction score
My wife is from Shelburne and we go there often. I haven't explored the New Haven River enough. The Dog Team pool was so convenient before the tavern burned down, but it's private now and overgrown with poison ivy, so I need to find some new spots. The next time you're back after the border opens again, if it's in fishing season, maybe we could meet up!
Sounds good! There are some great little streams up in Lincoln...

desmobob

Reaction score
The Dog Team pool was so convenient before the tavern burned down, but it's private now and overgrown with poison ivy, so I need to find some new spots.
I used to love to eat at the Dog Team! I can picture that big appetizer wheel...

L. Champlain is an amazing fishery that has different habitat over 100+-mile, north-south length.

I'm right at the very southern end of the lake where the bigger tributaries have run through farm land for a ways and are slow and muddy (the Mettawee and Poultney Rivers) when they get here. The lake is much more eutrophic at its southern end and a fantastic bass/pike fishery. You can't notice it in this photo (I'm very close to a clear water tributary), but the water is the color of coffee with lots of cream due to the clay plain forest geology around the lake's southern end.

The Diameter from the north.jpg

moucheur2003

Reaction score
I used to love to eat at the Dog Team! I can picture that big appetizer wheel...

L. Champlain is an amazing fishery that has different habitat over 100+-mile, north-south length.

I'm right at the very southern end of the lake where the bigger tributaries have run through farm land for a ways and are slow and muddy (the Mettawee and Poultney Rivers) when they get here. The lake is much more eutrophic at its southern end and a fantastic bass/pike fishery. You can't notice it in this photo (I'm very close to a clear water tributary), but the water is the color of coffee with lots of cream due to the clay plain forest geology around the lake's southern end.
My brother-in-law used to live in West Pawlet. I had some nice days on the Mettawee. As you might have guessed from my photos, my home base is up north on Shelburne Point. The water is very clear there. I've caught some big smallmouth in Shelburne Bay, as well as rock bass and yellow perch. but that's it. Bowfin are on my bucket list.

goofnoff1

Reaction score
Back in the day I fished a couple of bass tournaments on Champlain, and I used to travel the area for a farm machinery company. It's a special place.

Very nice photos.