Leaky Waders

partsman

Reaction score
I recently washed my silver sonics in the washing machine with Nikwax for breathable materials, then did the alcohol spray and repaired a couple of pin holes. So far excellent results.

hatidua

Reaction score
I have a spare pair along at all times and the moment one set starts to leak they get a return ride to the vendor to fix/replace. For what waders cost, the repair cost is built in, I'm happy to use that warranty when the time comes, be it rod/wader/reel/sunglass/etc. My most recent pair of waders cost over $750, I'll let the vendor fix them.

alfaromeo

Reaction score
My bootfoot breathable waders have at least one small hole in them. Waters not gushing in or anything, but by the end of the day, there's a nice inch of water in my right boot :)

If they were neoprene stockingfoot I'd just pour water inside and roll it up until the pressure forces the water out of the holes. But they aren't neoprene and I'm concerned that the inside of the boot would have trouble drying.

Anyone know the best way to locate the leaks so I can patch them up?
if you know the area where is leaking, just get some silcone, run a small bead( on the inside of you waders) and use a credit card and press/spread it into the area it is leaking,, let dry