Line recommendations 7wt haldin

Brozo338

Reaction score
Like the title says, I've got a Haldin 8ft 7wt coming in a couple weeks and was looking for line recommendations. I like the Scientific Anglers lines so i was thinking the Mastery Titan long taper floating line for throwing everything from hoppers, and bass poppers to articulated streamers. If anyone has any other recommendations please let me know! TIA.

rsagebrush

Reaction score
I have the Haldin 8 foot 8wt and find the Titan Taper 7 wt just right, I thought the 8 wt was a bit too much for me.
They are true to weight rods and Titans are real heavy, I also have tried and Orvis Big Bug 8 which was okay and the Orvis 8wt Bonefish line (True to Weight and discontinued) and that was really nice but only for warm water and weather. I also used a OPST 275 grain with 71/2' floating and sinking tips and casts large flies like a champ. Nice rods, I like mine, even smaller fish are fun on the rod.

sean freeman

Reaction score
I’ve been using a scientific angler SBT which I quite like, decent at medium distances. I still feel like there must be another line that sings on the rod. Markus recommends the vision Vibe 65 or 85 lines too.

Brozo338

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I wont have the rod for a few more weeks but i had thought about the titan long in 6wt. ill check out the Vibe lines, i hadnt heard of those!