Little Red River, Pangburn, AR. Any advice or recommendations.

2ltdjorn

Reaction score
anyone want to share.

want to target brook trout specifically. they started stocking them last spring.

would love to get a brown, rainbow, and brook in one day.

LRRAngler

Reaction score
I wade fished In Pangburn a week ago and caught 20 rainbows in 2 days of fishing. Follow the generation schedule, but the lower river should have wadable conditions. I was fishing 9 ft leaders with bead head pheasant tail nymphs with a sow big dropper and 1 bead of split shot. Fun fishing . Ramsey access is the best option and the fish generally bite consistently early and then again around 6 pm

LRRAngler

Reaction score
Pangburn is not where I would target brook trout on the Little Red. They stock them at the dam and in collins creek at JFK park. Best shot at a brookie would be to fish at JFK park as close to the dam as you can get. Happy to help if you have any other questions. I’ve spent my whole life on the Little Red

myster

Reaction score
Might be headed that way next week as I have a little time off. Any points of interest for the area?
Thanks.

jonbo

Reaction score
Try JFK Park to get close to the Dam and the Brookies. Also, Cow Shoals or Barnett Access where you can fish the immediate deep hole with the bait people or wade downstream through Winkley Shoals. When I went in November the water levels were very low. The different shoals weren't very good. The water was about a foot deep. You had to wade downstream through them and fish offf of the ends of them into the deeper water. I was doing alright with a wooly bugger.