Live From Daryl's House

stenacron

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE Live From Daryl's House and I thought I saw the best one ever when I caught a replay of Joe Walsh’s appearance… and then I came across the CHEAP TRICK episode. This thing needs to go into the Rock ‘n’ Roll time capsule for future generations to FEEL what music used to SOUND like! Seriously, this is a must-see for music fans. This video is the full episode (50+ minutes)... FWD to 4:20 mark to get the blood pumping... "HELLO THERE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN... Are you ready to rock?"
Cheap Trick - Live from Daryl's House

Another all-time favorite (of mine)... Sammy Hagar... great LFDH episode when the team went on the road to Sammy's place in Cabo. Ended it with an acoustic jam of I'll Fall In Love Again... gives me goosebumps.
LFDH - I'll Fall In Love Again

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
Great show. The Joe Walsh was very special. I also really enjoyed the Rob Thomas episode as well. The guy is a very good writer with an awesome voice. Daryl harmonized and complimented him perfectly.
It would be so much fun to do that show.

stenacron

Reaction score
Some of the stuff on Daryl's House is better than the original.
I watch the whole episode with the O'Jays regularly
I like this one too.

Yeah, that's a good one Rip!

With the late, great T-bone Wolk pickin' that funky riff on guitar.

stenacron

Reaction score
It would be so much fun to do that show.
Oh I agree. Pure joy on everyone's faces when they're jamming away. Very cool that they leave the little mistakes in there and keep it raw, real, and full of feel. And I love to watch the in-song direction that goes on amongst them. Truly fun to watch.

duker

Reaction score
Never heard of the podcast until I read this thread, but now I've got to check it out. As soon as I read Stenacron's mention of a Cheap Trick epsiode I was hooked--one of the best (and underrated) American bands of the 70s IMHO, who are now sadly forgotten except for us older types. "Live at Budokan" is one of the best rock albums, ever--all those screaming Japanese fans on "I Want You to Want Me" give me goosebumps.

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
If you get the AXS station on your TV you can see the show. FYI, most of the crowd noise was added in post production. I have a buddy who worked on it. Great band and they are still huge overseas.

frickerdog

Reaction score
In addition to those already mentioned (Joe Walsh), the episode with Darrius Rucker was very good. Also, shows featuring Ben Folds, John Rzeznik (GooGoo Dolls) and Diane Birch surprised me.

If you are into this series, you may also want to look up the NPR Tiny Desk series on YouTube. It is artists of all sorts doing 4-song sets at NPR studios. You get everything from Tower of Power (fantastic set) to Cat Stevens to Dua Lipa. Lots of variety and great talent on display. It has introduced me to some artists that I never would have known about. For starters, check out the set with Sting and Shaggy or Adele -- gives you a good flavor of what you might expect.

stenacron

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't think the TV show survived COVID-19. Pretty sure they have turned the house/studio set into a live music venue and restaurant (somewhere in upstate NY I think). They broadcast live concerts from there every Friday... mostly tribute band types, but still some original (less-than-marquee) acts as well.

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
My favorite Joe Walsh quote I heard on a radio interview. He toured with Ozzy once. Claims the only way either of them remember the tour was because they had concert t shirts to prove it. Good thing they sobered up.

stenacron

Reaction score
Sammy and Rick Springfield in concert soon. I hope to catch that one.
Ooh, that would be a great show to catch!

Rick Springfield is an interesting figure... moved from AUS to LA as a young musician looking to make it big. Trying to make ends meet he picked up some acting classes and somehow landed a gig on General Hospital! Probably killed his street cred as a rock and roller forever, but what a break! Then he meets up with Pat Benatar's husband in the studio who just happens to loan him this killer riff for a song called Jessie's Girl and the rest is history.

My favorite concert all-time was Sammy Hagar on his V.O.A. tour (Nov 1984) at the Philadelphia Spectrum w/ Krokus opening. Amazing set.

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
Rick was Dr. Noah Drake. Something like that. I dated a girl in high school who was nuts for him. While Jesse's girl was the hit, he had much better songs on that album. Well, Carla's cassette.😉

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
Favorite concert. My first. I begged my older brother to take me. It was the only way my parents would let me go. He caved and I had my life changed.
April 7, 1977. Chicago Stadium. The gods of thunder, PLANT, PAGE, JONES, and the mighty BONHAM.

desmobob

Reaction score
My favorite concert all-time was Sammy Hagar on his V.O.A. tour (Nov 1984) at the Philadelphia Spectrum w/ Krokus opening. Amazing set.
I saw him on his Three Lock Box tour, warming up Aerosmith in Indianapolis. It was an incredible performance and he had the crowd really fired up! He did a couple of encores and ran a little over, time-wise.

When Aerosmith came out, they were visibly pissed off. They started playing. Poorly. After some brief interaction with the attendees which included Tyler spitting into the crowd, bottles, cans and pretty much anything not tied down rained down on the stage. Aerosmith walked off to a hearty booing. I never experienced another concert quite like that one! I think that was during Tyler and Perry's low points (too much heroin?), and Joe left the band for a solo effort attempt sometime near then.