LL Bean Quest II

Upstate08

Reaction score
Does anyone have any intel on the LL Bean's Quest II rods? From what I could find on the web they were produced around 2012-16 and were pretty low budget rods. I read somewhere that the blanks were possibly made by Redington, but I can't find any information that would confirm that. In general, folks who use them seem to like them. I met a woman whose husband has passed and she's looking to get rid of some of his gear. I told her I'd try to dig up some info.

Cheers!

gpwhitejr

Reaction score
I have a Quest II 6 wt 2 piece that I bought as kind of an experiment. I put a really good line on it to evaluate what matters more, the rod or the line. No objective conclusions, but I didn't like it as well as my Fenwick Aetos 6 wt. Funny, though, my brother tried them both and much preferred the Quest.

I have 2 Quest II reels that I think were a good buy for the money.

Upstate08

Reaction score
Jay - that thought did cross my mind, and promptly left out the other side, thanks for the reminder ; )

Gpwhitejr - thanks for the insights. The rod I’ve got is a 4 piece 6wt and I cast it in the yard this afternoon. I don’t have a 6 wt line but strung up a 5wt Rio Tech Trout and a 7 wt Rio gold. The rod was like a canon with the 5wt line! I quite enjoyed it. The 7wt gold was a bit too much and the rod got pretty bogged down. I could make 40 and 50 foot casts, but it wasn’t pretty. The reel seat is cheap and the threads are stripped but otherwise it’s a very capable rod.

Still curious as to who made the blank...