Looking for a Portland Fly Fishing Buddy

steveg84

Reaction score
Looking for someone that wants to get after it in Portland!

Have been exploring waters in the Portland area for 2.5 years completely solo. Primarily walk/wading and spey fly fishing for steelhead on the Sandy, Clack and Nehalem, trout fly fishing on the McKenzie and Deschutes. I go 1-2x a week after work (5pm - 8pm) and generally every weekend. Have been guided on these rivers and have several established beats to walk/wade, happy to share notes.

A bit about myself -
  • 35 year old male living in SW Portland
  • Fly fishing extensively around the country for 6-7 years
  • Past Board Member for the Golden Gate Angling and Casting Club (SF-based, largest and oldest fly fishing club in the world) where I co-led a learn to fly fish program and have taught 60+ students how to fly fish as well as leading group trips
  • Proficient with dry fly, indicator, spey casting and czech nymphing
  • Have intentions of purchasing a 1 man boat this summer, would love to find someone else to float and coordinate shuttles.
  • Currently traveling at least 1 month a year for fly fishing road trips, both domestic and abroad
  • Fully vaccinated by early May (have 1 shot so far)

steveg84

Reaction score
ghostrider408 - unable to respond to your direct message for some reason (our conversation replies appear to are turned off). thanks for reaching out! looking forward to hearing from Brad.

Best,
Steve

jayr

Reaction score
ghostrider408 - unable to respond to your direct message for some reason (our conversation replies appear to are turned off). thanks for reaching out! looking forward to hearing from Brad.

Best,
Steve
Until you reach 25 posts, you cannot DM.

This was changed due to some spamming by others a few months ago.

ghostrider408

Reaction score

Best,
Steve
Yeah for sure! I'll talk to him this evening and tell him about you. He might be interested in swinging some flies with you since his favorite fishing buddy lives too far away LOL. Then, maybe we can all hook up for an adventure out there. Btw... my name is Doug.

steveg84

Reaction score
Awesome! Nice to meet you Doug. Have fond memories fly fishing all over CO - will hit you up before we plan our next trip out there. We road trip to visit the Yampa, South Platte, Blue and Roaring Fork every 1-2 years.

Looking forward to meeting Brad! Feel free to DM an email or phone number to coordinate.

steveg84

Reaction score
You’re welcome. I live in Portland, but I’m retired and fish weekdays. I’d be happy to compare fishing notes though.
That'd be great! I'm getting out 1-2x on weekdays from about 5pm-8pm if that works for you as well. Feel free to DM with an email address so we can compare some notes.

Best,
Steve

ghostrider408

Reaction score
Awesome! Nice to meet you Doug. Have fond memories fly fishing all over CO - will hit you up before we plan our next trip out there. We road trip to visit the Yampa, South Platte, Blue and Roaring Fork every 1-2 years.

Looking forward to meeting Brad! Feel free to DM an email or phone number to coordinate.
Same here Steve! Nice meeting you. I will DM you. I have fished most rivers in Colorado, but not the Yampa. I love the Roaring Fork, although haven't fished there in years. I was just at Deckers yesterday doing some single hand trout spey, lol.