Lords of the Fly

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
A wonderful read by Monte Burke about chasing the world record tarpon on fly. Also wrote Sowbelly about the pursuit of record largemouth bass. No matter what you fish for these books will entertain and enlighten.

LOC

Reaction score
I was on a work trip in Northern CA and ducked into a thrift shop. I came across Sowbelly for 99 cents and it was a great read especially since I am from S. CA and I could relate to the location of this book. I handed that book off at a fly fish swap.

If you enjoyed Sowbelly then try The Moon Pulled Up An Acre Of Bass.

sweetandsalt

Reaction score
I will second Kaminsky's, A Moon Pulled Up an Acre of Bass and Monte's book has been recommended to me too.

dynaflow

Reaction score
Byron Bay...easternmost point of Australia
I bought this book as soon as it was released and it was an instant hit for all the right reasons.Monty Burke writes in an easy laconic style that attracts a much wider audience than those its title suggests.I loaned it to a mate a few months ago and can't get it back...
I read it twice and I suspect he's doing the same :D

Hayden Creek

Reaction score
I have fished for tarpon in the Yucatan. They're not BIG but sure are fun.
As Richard Brautigan said in the book, hooking one is an "Immediate Unreality".

TwoThumbsUp

Reaction score
I just finished Lords of the Fly. Its an excellent read and would recommend it to anyone on here. I swung by my local bookstore and had them order me a copy of A Moon Pulled Up an Acre of Bass after reading your recommendations. Should be in next week.