LOST: My Rio Head/leader wallet at Hat Creek today

tcorfey

Reaction score
IIf
Lost my RIO head/Leader wallet at Hat Creek today. I forgot to zip up my bag after switching tips. I searched for a long time going back and forth across the river from the PH 2 riffle down to the big corner. But no luck. would love to get it back.

tcorfey

Reaction score
No but I had Joe Bradley's business card in it (inside a plastic sleeve) I have my name on everything else. I sent an email to Joe to see if someone contacts him. He said he would contact me if he gets a call.

Bigfly

Reaction score
No but I had Joe Bradley's business card in it (inside a plastic sleeve) I have my name on everything else. I sent an email to Joe to see if someone contacts him. He said he would contact me if he gets a call.
I lost one already, now I label everything......

tcorfey

Reaction score
Yes, all my fly boxes are marked as is my other leader wallet, This one was new this year and forgot to do it, bummer. Of course being new it had all my favorite stuff in it. :( Maybe it will show up some day.

Just ordered another wallet (I will be sure to mark that) and some new 12' OPST tips for both rods. Debating on purchasing some new heads too. Luckily my favorite heads were on my reels at the time. Have to order some T or Z 11 to make up some Ard tips, and some braid to make up mono connectors.

Turns out Joe's card is in my other wallet so I guess the only identifier would be the card that came with my Steve Godshall tip.

Ard

Administrator
Reaction score
I forget what I sent you Tim but if they were in the lost wallet just PM and tell me what they were. How the heck did you lose the wallet? Dropped without noticing or left lay near a resting point?

tcorfey

Reaction score
Hi Ard, I was testing my new Trout Spey Rod, made a few casts and the tip kept dragging bottom and hanging up, so I swung my sling bag around and pulled out the wallet to get a lighter tip. Between swapping tips and leaders and the fly, I was pulling the wallet out and putting it back a few times. I guess I forgot to check if I closed the zipper on the bag the last time, and just swung it behind my back after tying the fly on to the leader. A few minutes later after I had waded across the stream I decided to make another change and swung the bag around again but, the wallet was gone. Luckily I did not lose my money wallet as it was in the same compartment along with my phone which also did not fall out. So in some ways I was pretty lucky. Spent about two hours casting and walking back and forth working my way down stream to find it but no dice. Did find three nice sized 16-20" dead trout that were obviously not released correctly. Also found a bunch of spent shotgun shells in various colors.